Canidate for new womens coach

YUKMOUTH

Nothing would make me happier than to see her have success here. If she moves on after her success, so be it. Hopefully she will like the environment here, the new arena, the city and all and want to stay. Pipe dreams, maybe but still has to be the way to look at it.

I have long maintained that the success of the Biondi Dome is not the men's program, but the women's bball and volleyball. The upside to ticket sales, parking souvenirs et al comes from areas which are now generating zilch. The men will pack 'em in...that I am sure of. Let's get the ladies successful, then the Dome will be hopping an extra 30 nites/year.

mhg

I don't think a coach spends 19 years as a Tennesse assistant to take over the SLU program. I would think she has had better offers in the past and for whatever reason passed on them. But then Bruce Weber was an assistant for 19 years at Purdue before taking the SIU-C job. Who really knows.

Stanford got beat tonight, perhaps the Charmin Smith rumor will gain some strength!

the rumor i heard this past weekend was that there are as many as 15 candidates and assistants from programs such as tennessee, stanford and duke are interested.

volfan, i am sorry if you dislike my opinions on this board. no one stops you from posting your own thoughts on any string and joining in the discussion to express your own beliefs.

I was just having a little of FUN with you. Chill out. I heard the same thing. I know both assistants are in the running too, which suprises me but thay are two great guys. I know Cherly had an interview with a WVU coach lsst Thursday.