Romar wins

I don't think the knock was that he could not recruit but that his recruiting priorities did not fit the SLU situation. Maybe he would have started landing the top prospects but during his first few years, after he lost the top of the breed, he was left with some fringe D-1 players.

right now. Just as I was preaching patience with Romar, I think SLU should give Brad some time. Admittedly, I was initially not a fan of Brad, but I really think he's going to turn things around.

Luckily for him, I think the Billikens fans will be more patient with him.

I was a detractor. Not that he couldn't coach or wouldn't be a good coach...but as someone stated his recruiting strategy at SLU did not yield squat. And when he left, he left us in really bad shape. All that said he's obviously done a great job at UW and I'm sure they are happy Q didn't dump Mizzery for that job. Remember he was their #1 candidate.

romar was coming extremely close on big time players while at slu. all it would have taken was one or two to bit and who knows what the flood gates would have yielded thereafter. the fact he did get as deep as he did on the likes of sampson, hayes, diener, williams, miles, etc. forced him to wait to offer alternative players and then when he would find out he finished second, that next tier player had already committed elsewhere. not defending what happened, just trying to point out what happened over 4 years of recruiting.

Good question as UDub has not been any great basketball shakes for quite some time even though they made a couple of Big Dance appearances when I lived in Seattle under Bob Bender. Yesterday, I remember them mentioning that 4 of their players came from one HS in the Seattle area...they caught lightning in the bottle.