Louisville-SLU Recap

Hey folks, just wanted to stop by again and say congrats on a well-played game in the first half. That was a tough way to go down, with Soderberg getting tossed and the game far from decided. Even this Card fan can't deny that we got away with one when the ref ignored Myles' travel. But did Brad need to get that irate about it? It really seemed to hinder the team more than help.

Anyway, here is the recap from our site. Please don't forget to check back a bit later as we will have our complete game photo gallery up in a couple of hours. I guarantee you that it's worth your stop by the site. Just keep checking under "Basketball Photos" for the game gallery. We may also attach it to the recap once it is up.

Good luck next season in the A-10. Although the style of play can drive us crazy sometimes, we will miss seeing the Bills on our schedule next year.

http://cardinalempire.com/Empire/Home/Home...Mono%94_y_Trio/

if you think that myles travel was the only ref gift prior to brad getting thrown out you are an idiot. the entire first half was so onesided reffed i dont know why all three refs just didnt go sit on the louisville bench, have a cup of coffee and let pitino call the game.

the cardinals have a great team, but to get that kind of help from the zebras should be embarrassing to you and your fellow fans.

Roy, I am very sorry that you feel so slighted by the officiating in the first half. I won't deny that we got the benefit of homecourt, but please don't act like all the calls went our way. O'Bannon was getting hammered every time he went to the basket, Ohanon was pushing guys over on his way to the hoop, and the refs were letting a lot of the play go early on. I don't understand why they decided to start calling it so close all of a sudden, but the calls were bad both ways. Regardless, Soderberg shouldn't have flipped his lid like that. The Bills were right there and still, IMO, had the momentum. One T I can see, but getting yourself tossed doesn't make sense.

For folks interested, here is the photo gallery from yesterday's game:

http://cardinalempire.com/StLouis_slideshow.htm

you obviously watched a different game then me if think it went both ways. and to insinuate that ohannon was was pushing as compared to myles is just hillarious.

i remember the acting job by palacios. welmer was laughing at him as he flopped to the ground it was so obvious. you really dont know much about basketball do you? go back to your little world with your pictures of pitino and garcia on your dorm room walls please.

Geez, for a man who quotes Walt Disney you sure are bitter. Given what I've seen other St. Louisans be capable of (Soderberg), I'll leave well enugh alone and just say we'll have to agree to disagree. I saw plays going both ways and if you didn't... well, I guess people do see what they want sometimes.

My apologies if the successful style of play of the Cards has provoked your anger. I wouldn't want to shake up this happy little message board that seems sure that St. Louis is getting hosed in every game. I was just trying to share some decent photos of your team since your newspaper could very obviously give two shits about them. Enjoy next season in the A-10; I'm sure the media circus there will be huge for the Bills.

cards "successful style of play" doesnt make me bitter. condenscending a$$es like yourself that seem intent on getting us to tell you what a great team you have and just think that everything is right though does.

>>"Regardless, Soderberg shouldn't have flipped his lid like that. The Bills were right there and still, IMO, had the momentum. One T I can see, but getting yourself tossed doesn't make sense."

Soderberg didn't know the first T was even called. From the Post:

"Soderberg argued in an animated fashion with Shaw near midcourt before heading back to the huddle. Unknown to Soderberg, Shaw already had signaled one technical foul. When told, Soderberg swung his fist, the crowd reacted and the second technical was called.

Some SLU officials were upset because they felt Shaw, who was walking onto the court, never saw Soderberg swing his fist at the air before the ejection. Shaw said Soderberg was ejected for "excessive gesturing and violation of bench decorum."