Game Environment Observations From Saturday

Box and Won

- Didn't it seem like there was more than 8,500 people in attendance? I can't remember the last time there were so many people sitting in the end of the arena opposite the band. Did Bonwich bring his entire family or something?

- I liked the new PA guy. He might have been a little slow in calling fouls, but hey, it was his first game. He had great energy and got the fans pumped up several times. We could have used him at last year's DePaul game. Bring him back, spare us from Guy.

- Great energy from the Blue Crew, and it looked like they had a good turnout. Unfortunately, they seemed to be the only students in attendance. I thought a Saturday night game would have attracted a greater number of students.

- I hope we see a return of the Chicken Man.

- I'm considering building a giant set of spinning hands that I can hold up for every travelling call that the refs miss. I'm sick of making the motion myself and think that the mechanical hands would save me a lot of energy.

- I liked the bobblehead dance, but then again, I was also pretty drunk when it came on (nothing like drinking free beer in a party box!)

- The last three home games have been an absolute blast, even though we've lost all three. Who knew a 6-16 team could be so exciting?

Ooh, a smart guy, huh? (Insert Stooges SFX here) :).

Strong second on the P.A. announcer, as I noted in the golf thread on the other board. (I do wonder, however, whether some of that cheerleading is legal under NCAA rules -- and I also wonder about the psychedelic lollipops that are raised behind the opposing basket during free throws. Oh, well -- they don't call traveling, they don't call turning the ball over, they don't call three seconds and they don't enforce the coaches' box, so I guess it mitigates somewhat.)

Actually, I blame the loss Saturday on the Shoe/Willie cabal. ;) With KShoe's no-show, the rest seemed unable to make up for the loss of vocal power in threatening the refs and several generations of the refs' offspring for their woeful performances. (Skip and I did our best, but we're a dozen rows away from the court.)

I thought it was one of our more vocal crowds ... the whole place standing for a few times. Sometimes it was too loud for me to get a yell in at the refs. I personnally find my lines very witty and hate for anyone close to have to miss them. So in the future ... after a bad call please refrain from yelling for 10 seconds so I can get my yell in quickly. Also if the band could give me just a few seconds at the beginning and end of timeouts. As an official referees assistant ... It is very important that they be able to hear and comprehend my instructions. I would hate to have to complain to anyone officially.

Thank you in advance for you cooperation

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

to involve me when I started reading it but oh well. For those that must know I got married last summer and my wife is currently completing her residency in Chicago. Since I enjoy my job I worked out a deal with my employer to let me work in St. Louis Mon-Thurs and from Chicago on Friday. I live in Chicago on all the weekends, especially Valentines weekend, but I'm still pathetic enough to listen to a 6-15 team on the internet on a Saturday night.

If anybody ever wants to purchase a Southwest Airlines voucher off me I'd be more than happy to sell...

I am disapointed to hear that Willie, Sluer and Sshoe were not more influential on the refs.

>I'm still pathetic enough to listen to a 6-15 team on the internet on a Saturday night.

I recant my prior questioning of your priorities. Once the residency is completed, however, we will eagerly await numerous pairs of next-generation Shoes to populate our new arena, which may get built by the time they arrive.

I thought we did fairly well as did Iggy and the group down by him. I thought we got a few calls, but clearly not enough. But the one ref - tall brown hair - just kept sticking it to us. Other problem, which I'm sure is going to continue through the rest of the year, is that as a result of our record and leaving the conference, we are going two get the 2nd, and in Saturday's case, 3rd tier refs.