Ease up on DP

slu72

cripes the kid's a freshman. Granted, not scoring a single pt in two games is very discouraging. But who really knows the reasons. For you who have seen him play, is it that his confidence is just shot, no pun intended? Like just about everyone else I figured this kid for 8-10pg, without ever having seen him play. DP was a kid who had the confidence to singlehandedly win his team the state championship game last year (21 pts in the third qtr I think), had the ability to score 37 or so in an allstar game, and was, until his knee injury, one of the top rated soph pg's in the country (somewhere in the top 50 I recall). Also, UB's prognostigations for him were high, "he's going to change our style." Ain't happened, in fact we've gotten slower than previous years. So I'm sure this kid is really confused and questioning his every move right now....as a lot of us are by what is going on with this team. That's not a good way to play. A lot of it has to be instinctive which comes from repetitions in practice. After this year a whole lot of people are going to have to do some serious soul searching as to what is Billiken bb all about. One other thing, 50 pts in a 2 OT game is shameful as is 55 by MU. Sounds like an eighth grade score.

slu72 said, "One other thing, 50 pts in a 2 OT game is shameful as is 55 by MU. Sounds like an eighth grade score."

actually my daughter's 8th grade team lost the championship of a tourney saturday nite 69-59.

I agree - DP is a freshman playing senior minutes. Coming out of h.s. he was not someone all the top teams were going after. He was very good player and should be allowed to mature on the court - give him time. My guess is he will work on his shot and we see a different player next year. This year he has all he can do simply running the offense much less developing his scoring.

BB - I am sorry but I take offense your comments - he good have done much better going someplace else - what is the matter with you. If you are really a true Bills fan, then you would never say good players could go elsewhere and be better off. I am sorry the Bills are having an off year but I would never give even the slightest inference that players would be better off someplace other than SLU.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=10945

other than the speed aspect, there is no comparison by performance. click the above link to see dee's career numbers.