1 for 12 From 3 Point Line Tonight...

Schasz

That is just friggin terrible...someone please tell me that we are going to find some folks that can shoot the basketball. Last night I saw a friggin shooting exhibition at Madison. Things have to get better before they get much worse...don't they???? By the way this shooting was against the 0-6 in conference and 5-13 ECU Pirates...not anything resembling a Top 25 team...very disappointing!!!

We had decent looks all night. It seems like the offensive movement is there, but when the shots don't fall the games are hard to watch.

IO played a great game. DB continues to improve. VN is a non-factor. IV had a few moments but was not great under the boards in the second half.

ECU turned things up a notch in the second half and shot well when it mattered. SLU doesn't seem to have another notch to turn up to. We were out-rebounded tonite and that is the most disappointing aspect of tonite's game.

With only 5 wins in 18 games there hasn't been too much good to watch in the season. Overall our shooting has not been good all year, but I heard tonight that we shoot what 58% in the first half and end up at 38% for the game...at least that's the stats that I heard the ECU dudes give at the end of the game. We have to shoot the basketball better if we want to improve as a team.

Oh no, a bad rebounding game tonight...BRoy will be after Ian again???

i didnt see the game tonite as i had to rush straight from work to freshman registration at belleville west for my 8th grade daughter and i neglected to set my vcr.

but the box score is uggggg leee. reggie appears to have had a terrible shooting night. look at justin johnson's line. 12 minutes 4 fouls and one rebound. what the hell is that? polk appears was totally ineffective. drejaj gets a technical. looks like izik played one on five more or less.

for those of you that watched the game, any insight past that boxscore would be very appreciative. if you think about it, with a terrible box score like that, it is a wonder we were within 10 points. east carolina must really suck.

ahearn doesnt even start anymore for sms. he averages less than 18 mintues a game played and has had games where he barely got in the game this year. apparently his defense has been judged to be so bad, they have to look for opportunities to get him on the floor where he isnt giving up more than he gets. that would go over real big to get another one dimensional player here.

while the darren clarke tour has been an odd one, blake ahearn would not have been the answer instead.

Surprise, Roy is twisting words around again. I never said Ahearn was the "answer" - I simply said he's better than Darren Clarke. If you recall, there was a lot of debate at the time between Clarke and Ahearn. I was certainly hopeful that Clarke would be the better recruit, but time to face reality Roy, he's not. You call Ahearn "one-dimensional" - well that's one more dimension than DC has demonstrated. It's interesting the Brad has been complaining about not having perimeter shooting and we seemingly have nobody who can come off the bench and make some outside shots. I think Ahearn could do that better than Clarke. BTW, Ahearn scored 15 and helped SMS beat SIU - yeah, the same SIU team that kicked the sh!t out of us. I don't recall DC doing much in that game or any game this year.

you may be right, but right now i am thinking i dont want to take up a roster spot with either one. no doubt if clarke was an answer, we would have saw more by now than we have. especially considering how we have struggled so much to score and he is as athletic as he is.

btw, go check the game by game minutes played by ahearn. you will see how consistent his playing time has been. last night apparently things went sms way and he played. good for blake. that said, he has had games where he has played less than 10 mintues as well. and as i said, apparently it has been because of his defense. now knowing brad's dislike for defensive letdown's, do you honestly think he would have gotten a chance to play?

or are what you are really saying is you want brad to give up this defense first mentality and just let it fly? i dont understand your thinking. surely you just dont want to load the roster with players that cant help the team.

I'm not saying Ahearn is/was the answer, just a better player than Clarke. We need somebody, anybody to come off the bench and shoot. Maybe Brad needs to consider tweaking his "defense first" menatility. It's not working. Brad has been the one complaining about a lack of outside shooting. Ahearn could've filled that role of the bench better than Clarke. We already have too many guys on the roster who apparently "can't help the team." Maybe Ahearn wasn't a good fit here, but Clarke has been worse. I don't see how anybody can dispute that.

there is no way to dispute it. you are correct. but there is no way i would rather have ahearn over clarke either. we cant go back and look, but i assume you were a drew deiner supporter then ace? because more or less, that is exactly what ahearn is. another drew.

not every kid on a roster will contribute gamewise. some turn out to be practice players. someone for the first team to play against. some of those players turn into first team players later in their career. the others we go away scratching our head wondering why we ever recruited them.

will clarke ever turn out? who knows. if i was clarke, i would have been outta there at xmas break. it apparently isnt a good fit for him.

would ahearn have helped? again, who knows. it is my guess he never would have gotten off the bench at slu because of his defensive abilities. the fact he is no longer a starter at sms and seeing he floor inconsistently now, doesnt speak well for him. and knowing brad's penchant for defense first or dont play, he wouldnt have helped.

the answer is find someone else. clarke should transfer somewhere else and we use the roster spot to try to upgrade.

Monday morning quarterbacking would indicate that Ahearn would have contributed more to the Bills not only because of his 3 point shooting but because he is automatic at the freethrow line...He is often inserted whem SMS is ahead in the last minutes of the game and the other team is fouling...Ahearn is often given the ball in these situations.