Marquette down 86-46 so far**

jg99

Marquette loses to Louisville 99-52. Ouch! At least that makes our effort against East Carolina a little easier to swallow.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

You know that Marquette will be one pissed off team come Saturday. I would expect that we will see Diener back in the lineup too. While they have not played well lately, we may have reverted back to our old ways of earlier this year.

Ol Rick has been taking no prisoners all year long at Freedom Hall against all comers...we've still got our beating to come soon. Something tells me that he will get his before the year is over. He's got a nice team but certainly not world beaters.

while i have never been a big pitino fan, i am in total disbelief of the way he is intentionally running up scores this year. what is he trying to prove? i have lost a lot of respect for him this year.

I cringe to think what the score will be when we play the Cardinals in Freedom Hall, especially considering how we are so challenged to get anything done on the offensive side of the court. Rick will probably want to give us payback from those first couple years where we beat him at Freedom Hall. Maybe he has decided to become the Steve Superior of basketball???

we swept them and essentially kept them out of the dance. Romar's final season at SLU. In Crum's final season we swept them home and home. We have had a good amount of success at Freedom Hall with at least 3 wins since joining CUSA.

You beat me to the punch as I was sure that there were a couple years where we swept Louisville and I know at least one of them was under Pitino. Here's the link that mentions the sweep. Seems to me that we beat them again the next year, but that was probably only at home on Marque's shot.

http://slubillikens.collegesports.com/spor.../022202aaa.html