billikens win

jjray

I agree with BillikenCharlie about the baby bills. Something needs to be done. Some of the guts on these chicks are out of control. There should be some mandatory physical requirements for the baby bills, and a flat stomach is one of them. Also, one of them is about 6'2". I think she could play center better than the losers we currently have in Vayoukas, Frericks, and Husak. These have to be the 3 worst centers in D-1 college b-ball, and they all play for SLU.

Also, don't get too excited about this win. The combined record of Troy and Oakland, our 2 lone victories, is 1-14.

I think it is pathetic we are excited for this victory. it is OAKLAND...they are 0-7!!! I am starting to believe that Soderburg is not that great of a coach. He had a lucky year and now everyone thinks he is a GOD. Give me a break. This team is terrible and it is his fourth year of coaching here. I would not mind if SLU went in a different direction and hired maybe a guy like Quinn Snyder from Mizzou. he is an awesome coach and can RECRUIT...something that soderburg can't do. i only hope mizzou fires him and we land him.

i dont know about the billikens, but i would think that the tall baby blue would see immediate major minutes on the size starved jillikens.

after my family and my career, you are right, being a basketball fan, and in particular a billiken basketball fan is my passion. but that is somehow worse than the guy that plays golf three or four times a week? or the person that goes out drinking at bars every nite, or the person that spends three days a week at the mall?

i am lucky enough to be in a career that allows me to be at a desk a lot. and i can easily multitask and check the internet throughout the day. maybe you need to find a better career that allows you to enjoy your favorite pastime whatever that might be. i am lucky enough to be able to enjoy mine and earn a nice living at the same time. too bad for you that i guess you cannot.

THAT'S YOUR PASSION?!?! HAHAHA!!! Get a life ROY. I realize the truth hurts and you probably wanted to kill yourself when they lost to Oral Roberts, but you need to understand SLU is still terrible. they have gotten worse this year, and a new coach would only help. All the new coach would have to do is beat Austin Peay and it would already be an improvement.

You two are a couple of dorks. If you guys had anything going for you, you wouldn't be concerned with the interests of the posters on the Billiken message board. Billiken Jagerbomb, something tells me you are not even old enough to purchase the drink you refer to in your screen name. Do you even know what Jager is? Putting liquor in your screen name is like an 18 year old lining his room with empty liquor bottles...amateur hour. Stick to Shirley Temples...we don't need wack jobs like yourself running around drunk.

Johnson earned a place in the lineup, and might even have beaten out Newbourne. He clearly has the physical gifts that we would want in a recruit at that position. He has good control of the ball on short shots, and he was 3/3 at the line, with a nice, soft stroke. That being said, I think Ian and Bryce and DC etc. all needed a few minutes in the first half - adjustment, exposure to different styles, and comfort level mean a lot. DP has 8 full games under his belt, and is just beginning to look really comfortable out there.

Waahhhhh, you really hurt me with that comment NashvilleBilliken, otherwise known as official dork of billikens.com. By the way, I am old enough to purchase a jagerbomb. Trust me, I am not concerned with the interests of people like yourself on this message board, but obviously you are. The only people that have any sense on this message board are myself, DomeOrGoHome, BillikenCharlie, and IzikOJagerbomb.

Now to some bills talk. Somehow, someway, SLU needs to get Quinn Snyder. He will cheat, pay the players, and get us good talent. We will never compete until we start illegal recruiting. My main man Charlie "Edwards" Tuna can back me up on that.

billiken_jagerbomb - Official billikens.com sponsor of jagerbombs and hot and skinny baby bills.

First of all, to all those who were trying to oust each other on this board, you all need to just calm down now! Let's put it this way: if you're a SLU fan, you're a SLU fan for life, don't jump on and off the bandwagon, and if you don't like how SLU plays, or just not like SLU at all, keep it to yourself or just post it yourself without fighting one another. Stop arguing like little babies and grow up!

Secondly, I think that last night's game IS something to be excited and proud of. After being 1-6, and it being a non-conference game, this win WAS crucial. As Soderberg pretty much put it, this was a crucial game to spark some confidence in a group who's confidence was shot. We're fastly approaching our conference schedule, and we need to have that ball rollin' by the time we hit that first game.

Third, I agree with most of the lineups everyone was posting here. JJ needs more time on the floor, he certainly won me over last night. I think a change-up/4th line so to speak, would be to put JJ, Reggie, and Newbourne/Polk as your main three. When all three were put together last night, I saw some good stuff happen. It's just what we need to spark this offense that's been in hibernation since St. Thomas.

P.S.: As one half of that horn solo at halftime last night, thank you very much. I will definitely pass on the word to my other half that you liked it. ;)

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

i would bet that soderberg will pick 8 guys and that will be it every game from here out unless a blowout occurs. pt will now have to be won in practice.

Probably every good coach agrees with that approach...but sometimes what's produced anonymously in the practice gym doesn't translate to the bright lights of the arena. That's why I say, give 'em a taste, a small dose. It helps clear the mind. We were all high on Vashun after a few practices...but it hasn't shown up yet in real games. I'm not ready to write him off, but let's give everybody a chance to respond to the bright lights.

VN looked very slow out there - his defense was fine but his movement and execution on the offensive side was terrible. Once again, we missed to fast break lay ups - that has to stop. RB's play was very important but JJ saved us in the first half with his play. If he does not do what he does then we go in at half behind and not by 1 pt. I hope Brad lets JJ play more - if the kid can do what he did last night then this season just might get rosier real quick. We will see how we do against Dayton. AD - he played good defense but he really slows us down on the offensive end - his passes are not crisp and his shooting is so streaky it is a minus. His three turnovers were just plain dumb and it is not the first time this year either that he has done that - can be real rally or run killers if his streaking shooting is off and his turnovers happen then..