Point guard question

Sluzer

i am predicting that polk will never be the starting point guard for the billikens. next year drejaj and the following lisch.

I thought Polk's postition was at the point...am I wrong? All I keep reading is how good this kid was before the injury and if he recovers, he should be awesome. If thats the case, why would AD start at PG instead of Polk (at least the second half of the season)? And didn't coach say he wants TL to play point?

I agree 3 Star. I have never seen Lisch play, but in the three or four Vashon games I saw the season before Dwayne was injured, he was the best player on the court--and that included McKinney and Kern. He was ranked in the top 50 at the time. If Dwayne fully recovers from his injury this year (which he is expected to do), then I guarantee he will start a lot of games during his tenure at SLU.

If Polk is fully recovered ... I expect him to be the starting point for the Bills from his sophmore season on. If not the calliber of our recruits will have been upgraded tremendously and I will be very happy. IMO AD is not our future at the point.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Why are we worrying about who is going to start and about some kid who hasn't even committed yet? I'm more concerned about getting the best players into the program, regardless of position, then everything else will take care of itself. I'd love to eventually see a roster where kids are scrapping for minutes at a variety of positions.

i saw him play as a raw but rocket sophomore once. lisch was far more refined and money as a sophomore than the dwayne polk i saw as a sophomore.

i admit that polk at that time was faster than kevin will ever be though. however, if you want me to give the ball to one or the other and say, "win the game" sorry, dwayne, take a seat. there is only one player in this area i would take right now regardless of class in high school before lisch, that is the hansborough kid at popular bluff.

while it is true that the first 3 quarters of the game, kevin trots down to the wing and lets another guard bring the ball down the floor, it is rare that when it gets to crunch time that kevin doesnt control the game. he shot over 90% from the free throw line last year, led the team in assists, and creates his own shot. thus he will have the ball in his hands down the stretch.

i have never said he is a done deal. however, i know for a fact that brad has recruited him harder than any other coach. i also know for a fact his parents like slu and coach soderberg a lot and want kevin to go to a good academic school close to home. that all said, kevin has not committed to anyone that i am aware of. i never ask him about it when i do see him. i dont want to do or say anything that might cause problems down the road. it is coach soderberg's recruit, not mine.

i do know that besides us, kevin has talked to weber and that he went to the kansas camp this past summer and has also visited indiana. there was an opportunity for siu and marquette to come and watch a summer practice and only brad showed up after the head coach lined it up. thus, if you ask me, a 3rd party opinion after talking to the kids around kevin and watching all of the above play out, i think at this time slu is in great position. but the illini, indiana and kansas could easily put themselves there with increased interest on their part.

my hope is that coach soderberg is so well entrenched by the time they start focusing on the junior's he will be a billiken already. imo, that is how siu got shaw.