Hey Roy

kshoe

Looks like you missed some good games at the Kentucky tournament.

http://www.hoopsfest.com/gpage3.html

Althoff lost by 2 points to Chicago Hales Franciscan which was ranked as the #1 team in Chicago 2 weeks ago. Not bad. KL had 17 points according to the Post.

With Tyler Hansborough playing in the game after Althoff and Oak Hill losing in the game after that there was certanly some good ball going on. Hopefully the shootout will be as entertaining.

i talked to some people that were there and kevin played well. however hit a cold spell in the game and ended up with 17 points i think. i forgot to ask if him and minnoy guarded each other or not.

i truly expected a blow out this early in the season. hales i think have played a number of games already plus they have 4 returning starters that play together in the summer and all are going to d-I schools. althoff has lisch and super soph leaper jeremy felton. then they just fill in with hustle and size guys. no way did i expect them to have a chance. supposedly kevin's half court last second shot hit the side of the rim.

billiken_roy, I know you're high on my man Jermey Felton and he ended as Althoff's second leading scorer with 16 points. I talked to some people after the game and they told me that Felton played very well.

Future Billikes.com sponsor of Kevin Lisch

Everything I have heard is that Felton still is not playing defense. It is a real shame to see someone who is as talented as he is and not give his all. He could really turn into something big big time. He is without a doubt one of the most athletic players I have seen in quite a while. I sure hope he sees the light and really starts to put some hustle out there. If he hustles Althoff can really win some games this year, not to mention Felton can really make a name for himself.

jeremy needs to learn wing skills on his own. developing an outside jumper, and dribbling skills are obtained in your backyard with hours of devoted and regular practice. unfortunately, too many of today's kids that have the ability to get above the rim would rather practice their dunks and play organized sports every chance they can get. if jeremy continues as he is and doesnt grow anymore, he is destined for mckendree college. if he takes a hint from his teamate soon to be a billiken, and begins to work on the outcourt skills, i agree, he could be bigtime. his choice. and it truly is his choice as i am sure at the high school level his current coaches need him inside more than on the wing. thus they probably arent too interested in teaching him to become a wing. especially considering that althoff is loaded at the wing spot for about the next 3 years at least. (althoff's freshman class is loaded)

the difference is that jeremy is only 15 years old and has some time to figure it out. justin has been given 3 years at slu already and hasnt.