The Bills over Fham by 2

22 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Here’s an equation to run through @The Wiz’s computer:

Does 8-14 plus 9 more games to play = a 8-23 regular season record?

I’m thinking it does at this point. 

So in order to answer this,  the  computer had to go back to its original algorithm from the Magic 8 Ball ...I asked it 4 times...here were the answers.

1. Replay hazy, try again.

2. Cannot predict now.

3. Ask again later.

4. The Bills are behind the 8 ball.

Lord Elrond likes this

13 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Wonder if the post-game analysis will include something about turnovers.

Magic 8 Ball says...Chances are good.

Let's throw out a few numbers...18 12  83

18...The number of Bills TOs....this number was way too high

12...The spread in TOs ...double digit TO spreads are almost always a loss.. the key here is not just the horrible 18 number from above but that we could only force a very poor 6 TOs from Fham.....the computer says if the Bills hit 53% from the arc in any game with a TO deficit they can can still win the game....interestingly, had Parker made the final 3 at the buzzer for the win...we would have shot 53% from the arc....

83...The percentage of games The Bills lose when they lose the TO battle.

Of course there were many factors to talk about in addition to the TOs...a simple one would be FTs...Had the Bills made  their normal FT % they would have had 3 more pts. 

I could go on....but I will leave you with my bottom line from the original post of this thread....

"Fham can't beat us...We either win the game or we give them the game.".....I would say that is one of my most accurate predictions.

47 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

18...The number of Bills TOs....this number was way to high

12...The spread in TOs ...double digit TO spreads are almost always a loss.. the key here is not just the horrible 18 number from above but that we could only force a very poor 6 TOs from Fham.....the computer says if the Bills hit 53% from the arc in any game with a TO deficit they can can still win the game....interestingly, had Hughes made the final 3 at the buzzer for the win...we would have shot 53% from the arc....

Of course there were many factors to talk about in addition to the TOs...a simple one would be FTs...Had the Bills made  their normal FT % they would have had 3 more pts. 

I could go on....but I will leave you with my bottom line from the original post of this thread....

"Fham can't beat us...We either win the game or we give them the game.".....I would say that is one of my most accurate predictions.

As it turned out it was the refs that gave Fham the game. We were tied or we could have won the gameif they had decided Fham fouled instead of us, or else we could have gone into overtime. We were really even.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

18...The number of Bills TOs....this number was way to high

12...The spread in TOs ...double digit TO spreads are almost always a loss.. the key here is not just the horrible 18 number from above but that we could only force a very poor 6 TOs from Fham.....the computer says if the Bills hit 53% from the arc in any game with a TO deficit they can can still win the game....interestingly, had Hughes made the final 3 at the buzzer for the win...we would have shot 53% from the arc....

The computer is unable to comprehend the billiken badness.

SLU_Lax likes this

Another comment about the TOs and the relation they may have with the outcome. Variable probability has always been beyond me. However, this is a game in which SLU made 18 TOs and if we had made 53% goals we still would have won the game. Really?, I am pretty sure that a combination of not only TOs and field goal % of different stats can be found that insures that a team wins the game. For example if any one of the teams had obtained the same number of TOs and made the same number of FGs but with a different percentage of 3 pointers made. Or should there not be a combination of any number of other stats that also appears to insure the same result? The answer is simple, there is no combination of factors that always results in  a win or a loss in every single case unless all the other factors involved are fixed at the same levels. So, SLU lost by two points but but have won if their prior 3 pt FG% had been the same? However, they could have won in this case if the refs chosen to make the teams jump to determine who would have the ball.