NCAA President floats new D1 Subdivision/NIL Plan

TheA_Bomb

3 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

The more restrictions you place on player movement, the more you have to place on coaches. It can’t be just limitations on players, the school and the coach can’t just get rid of players at the end of every year while placing limitations on player movement, that’s not going to fly, especially if you are getting Congress and lawyers involved. If you want the player to stay, and place limits on the player’s movement, then the coach just doesn’t get to push a player off after every year.

I'm not restricting player movement. Maybe I didn't give the full explanation. A player can transfer anywhere, anytime he wants for any reason. 1st time transfer he can play immediately, coaching change he can transfer and play immediately, grad transfer he can play immediately, any other transfer has to sit a year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

One Transfer

One Grad Transfer

Coaching Change = Transfer Waiver

Enter the Portal and you have to change schools

I would add to this that if a school changes conferences or divisions, athletes should be allowed a clean transfer that offseason.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm not restricting player movement. Maybe I didn't give the full explanation. A player can transfer anywhere, anytime he wants for any reason. 1st time transfer he can play immediately, coaching change he can transfer and play immediately, grad transfer he can play immediately, any other transfer has to sit a year.

While I agree with your criteria it’s all arbitrary. What’s the justification for limiting multiple transfers. The grad transfer rule is also a con job. If someone has true statistics on how many grad transfers are getting legit grad degrees I would like to see it. Either you can legally restrict transfers or you can’t. While I don’t like it a player has the freedom of free transfers or they can be restricted. My guess is the courts would say free transfers