Ratings

bills75

Well Grape Ape, just because Lisch and Liddell aren't on that list, doesn't mean they aren't ranked on some lists or nationally known. Combined, they were recruited by the likes of Kansas, UConn, Marquette, Illinois, and Notre Dame just to name a few. I'd go by that over what some so-called "expert" says. Plus both are usually listed in the top 5 players in Illinois and Lisch is the #16 pg in the country by one list. Look on the bright side though, you beat out the national bball powerhouse of Penn State to get Keaton Grant!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

From SLU's press release today:

"After his junior year, Lisch was ranked among the top 16 point guards in the country by one recruiting service. In Illinois, Lisch was ranked as the fourth-best junior and the No. 2 guard on the www.highschoolelite.com site, and the sixth-best junior and No. 3 guard on the www.chicagohoops.com site."

Well Lisch is AT LEAST in the top 10 in a state that produces a lot of basketball talent each year. Also, Liddell was ranked as the third best senior in the state by chicagohoops.com last year. That might not mean they are nationall known, but I have a feeling most of the "big schools" know who they are with that list I provided earlier.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

You have to do all the right things to get on all these national lists. You either have to be a phenom and that itself gets you noticed or you have to play in the right leagues, attend the right camps, etc. Many players that are the level of Lisch and Liddell do what they can to get that exposure. Based upon what Roy has said about Lisch, I don't think his family cares about being in the limelight as much as just taking care of their son. I personally do not care where they are ranked, rated, etc. I'm excited to see them as Billikens and if they play up to the hype I've heard about them, surely they will get noticed in college.

The other thing is that they are well known in the area and recognized as two of the top players in the area, which will help put more fans in the seats, just as I suspect Polk will do this year.

neither are nationally known because of their little summer time. anyone that has seen either play knows otherwise. let em talk. all i know is i'm smilin'!

>I see lisch at #9 in Illinois. Which isn't bad at all, but I

>don't think Lisch or Lidell are near nationally known.

>

>Not really a put down, it's not as if Keaton Grant is

>nationally known either.

It's a matter of perspective. Although Tommie doesn't appear on most national list I know most recruiting experts think highly of Tommie. Eric Bossi of the insiders, now scout.com had Liddell rated as the 75th best prospect in the much more respected 2004 Class Post Summer Rankings. Some names of note in that ranking are #69 Marshall Brown(Missouri) and #70 Jameson Curry(North Carolina then OK State and also the All-Time Leading point scorer in North Carolina high school history. When rated in the 2005 Class, Bossi rated Liddell as the #66 basketball prospect. Some names of note are Marcus Landy#67 & Vernon Goodridge#75 who were purportedly being recruited by U of I. Keaton Grant#85(Missouri) and Jovan Adams#96(UNLV) who has an outstanding video clip on Rivals.

Now a relatively new national recruiting site breakdownmagazine.com had Liddell as the #28th best prospect in the 2005 Class. Some names of note are #22 Calvin Miles(Texas), #23Jon Brockman(Washington),#25 Mario Chalmers(Kansas), #26 Bobby Fasor(UNC), #33 Greg Paulus(Duke),#37 Jamont Gordon(Oak Hill Academy), #39 Micah Downs(Kansas), & #40 Kevin Rogers(Baylor). What these list show are Liddell's ability to play at the top level. He made the All-Tourney Team at the Vegas Big Time, a tourney which featured over 6,000 kids. At the 2004 NBA Players Camp Hoopmasters.com rated his play within the Top 16. The list is as follows: Top 10

1. Dwight Howard(#1 NBA Draft Pick)

2. Shaun Livingston(#4 NBA Draft Pick)

3. Glen Davis(LSU)

4. Malik Hairston(Oregon)

5. Daniel Gibson(Michigan)

6. Mike Williams(Texas)

7. Marquie Cook

8. JR Smith( UNC)

9. James Gist

10. Marquie Gray

Honorable Mention

Robert Swift(NBA)

Jordan Farmar

Al Jefferson(NBA)

Mohammed Tangara(Arizona)

Aaron Afflalo

Tommie Liddell(SLU)

Drew Nietzel (Michigan State)

Marque Perry was rated in the 80s by one service - as a small forward.

Dwayne Polk was rated across the board in the 50s to 70s as a soph - and then he blew his knee out and fell completely off chart.

Arguing about ratings with Mizzou fans is a Catch 22. They conveniently forget that they have signed two of the best four rated transfer point guards, and the best scoring guard, in the country in the past three seasons in Clemons, Pulley, and Conley. Everyone wins games on the court, not based on player ratings. Don't even bother talking about a top 100 ranking unless you also want to tie it to a W-L metric.