BillikenRich is an a**

GoSlu

>I don't think I ever did a simple "soccer sucks" post. I

>tried to be a little more clever than that. I also did not

>post my musings on every soccer thread. I let a few go here

>and there. I am prepared as always to defend my rampant

>hate of soccer as a sport and therefor am not spineless as

>you alleged earlier. Fortunatly the Billiken soccer season

>is ending soon (hopefully with a national championship)

>Soon most of us can go on ignoring that sad, not quite as

>bouncy, round ball for a few short months till the soccer

>season starts again.

So now you even debate whether soccer is a sport? Wow...how close do you live Arsenal street...oh wait that's your address? Well that explains a few things...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>So now you even debate whether soccer is a sport? Wow...how

>close do you live Arsenal street...oh wait that's your

>address? Well that explains a few things...

The fact that you cannot write a coherent sentance, much less do any research on your adversary says much about you as well. There are many defenders of soccer on this board who would not lose a battle of wits with a balloon animal. Sadly you are not among them. Perhaps the less subtle insults I've spouted about soccer are the ones that bother you because they are the only ones you can comprehend. Have a nice day. IT'S BASKETBALL SEASON!!!! WOOOOOOWHOOOOOOH! Soccer is ending.

>

>>So now you even debate whether soccer is a sport? Wow...how

>>close do you live Arsenal street...oh wait that's your

>>address? Well that explains a few things...

>

>

>The fact that you cannot write a coherent sentance, much

>less do any research on your adversary says much about you

>as well. There are many defenders of soccer on this board

>who would not lose a battle of wits with a balloon animal.

>Sadly you are not among them. Perhaps the less subtle

>insults I've spouted about soccer are the ones that bother

>you because they are the only ones you can comprehend. Have

>a nice day. IT'S BASKETBALL SEASON!!!! WOOOOOOWHOOOOOOH!

>Soccer is ending.

Not taking the time to write a perfect grammatical post and inadvertantly leaving out a word does consitute an indication of someone's intelligence. It seems you have a lot of time on your hands to post meaningless crap...awful lonely are we?

And boy that game against Eastern Kentucky was riveting...thankfully Sloan stepped up or they might have lost! I'm a Billiken basketball fan as much as a soccer fan but this team is in a building stage and some games are going to be ugly but in comparison, although 17 of 23 spots on the soccer were held by freshman and sophomore's, the soccer team still won the conference, was ranked in the top 10 and they have a good chance in the tournament. In addition, the future is even brighter. Hmmmmmm...which sport would I be most excited about?

I will support Billiken sports no matter what but your emotional stability is in question if you are this psyched up about the basketball season at SLU. If my post shows my intelligence than your infatuation with Billken basketball and the weak sport itself pretty much shows yours.

I'm confused by this last post. Just because the soccer team has more success we should be more excited about them? If that's the case, I hope we never get a synchronized swimming team and they are contenders.

I guess I'm really confused. Are you saying basketball is a weak sport?

You've just crossed the line that I would not. Run down the basketball team at your peril. They paid for your glorious little soccer fields and your ability to take trips to other schools. I wish the soccer team well but when the time came to move to a new conference basketball was in the drivers seat. Soccer was was the dinky little trailer praying to God that they didn't come unhitched going around the curve away from the soccer strong MVC. Tell me more about how a soccer tourney run is more important postseason basketball.

You are a buffoon. I question your love of Billiken athletics as well as your sanity.

i try to stay out of the soccer strings since i have zero interest in soccer. however as rich states, goslu has crossed the line with his

"If my post shows my intelligence than your infatuation with Billken basketball and the weak sport itself pretty much shows yours"

statement.

you insinuate that we are idiots for being billiken basketball fans. well guess what buddy, go count the posts on this board and divy up the soccer and basketball posts. close to 100% of us must be idiots.

hey i am thrilled the billikens have a great soccer program. but the honest truth is that if their are 100 posters on this board, probably 90% couldnt name 3 players on the soccer team and they dont care to either. that isnt our problem. we are all basketball fanatics and that isnt going to change with you trying to ram your "look mom, no hands" sport down our throat. it hasnt in the 25 years i have been around the billikens so why in heaven and earth would you think it ever will.

Ok, now this is getting a little ridiculous. I didn't want to get too involved in this debate, but now that you are casting basketball in an inferior light to soccer, I feel it is my duty to interject. Should I be getting excited because we get to play Binghamton in the NCAA tournament? Who the hell is that team anyway? Are they good? Who the heck knows? Soccer is a second rate sport in this country and imo always will be. We have the highest attendace in the country for our soccer team? Well, being that our field only holds 5000 on a good day, who cares?!. What kind of money does SLU soccer generate? When's the last time you saw a college soccer game on ESPN? Do they even broadcast the final game of the NCAA tournament? I seriously doubt they do. Football (AMERICAN) dominates college athletics, Baskteball is second, and soccer probably plays second fiddle to greco-roman wrestling.

Obviously your intelligence level cannot comprehend the subtle and sarcastic humor in Rich's posts. Don't take this stuff so seriously, it's just a message board. BUT, if you are going to put down the bread and butter of SLU athletics ~ the men's basketball team ~ and try to pass soccer off as the "better" sport, you could be in for a long long season.....

I'm probably one of the biggest soccer supporters on this board, it is the sport I grew up playing and love ... which sport is "better" that is a matter of opinion.

Clearly though in terms of fan interest and revenue created in the USA basketball is far superior ... I hope that there is no one trying to argue that.

I love them both ... I would just like to be able to discuss soccer with the rest of the soccer fans without having to skim through, overlook, or read a bunch of negative remarks.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Give me a break Roy and Nashville....Rich clearly baited this argument so he could have folks on his side...go with hoops....it isn't about hoops.

I am quite certain goslu wan't out to rip billiken hoops or isn't a billiken hoops fan....and he even stated so....

Roy of all people, c'mon....you metion your support for chick sports on here....nobody is going back and forth here about your love of softball.

If Rich wants to debate soccer in person, or on here, many folks would gladly do it, if he presented himself better than...and I paraphrase for those literalists out there..."Hey Beavis, Soccer sucks." Otherwise, leave those posts and people alone...I think at this point, everyone can at least remember to not read any of Rich's posts, or now Nashville or yours on soccer threads...I think they would rather not have to sort through them like that, and shouldn't have to...but it is a free country, even to Rich....just teasing ya Rich.....but I think you had your fun....

"Truce" by Billiken Rich

In response to message #0

"I don't want you to have to pull the message board over and come back here. As long as that person who shall remain nameless will keep his hands off my basketball team I'll quit making fun of his pathetic excuse for a sport."

I think this was BRich saying he'd stop.

bygones...?

courtside, in your usual pr!ck interpretation, i said i would have stayed out of it had goslu not said,

"If my post shows my intelligence than your infatuation with Billken basketball and the weak sport itself pretty much shows yours"

i.e. goslu ripped basketball compared to basketball. i have never ever insinuated that billiken men's basketball was beneath anything let alone "chick sports". way to lie your a$$ off again about what i said.

courtside, when i rightly and accurately stand up to one, they are.

you of course i shouldnt be surprised that you did not take back your inaccurate statements and slams once again. YOUR CHILDREN are probably proud of your track record of dishonesty which is common in most of your threads that are about anything but soccer (i cant comment on the soccer threads as i admit i know nothing about soccer).

Courtside, if I post in a soccer thread, it will be something meaningful. But I doubt I ever will.

As far as my interjection into this debate, it is because goslu was putting down the bball team. I was content to let this whole thing go on as long as need be, but then he went off the deep end. As you defend you're european sport, I feel it is necessary to defend Billiken basketball. To come to a *mostly* basketball board and claim that we should be writing off the bball team and focusing on soccer is ludicrous. You say Rich was just setting us all up to take his side...gimme a break! Judging by his posts, I don't really think he gives a crap who's side anybody is on. But then again, maybe this whole thread was conceived by Rich years ago to start a chain of events that will someday be the demise of the Billiken Soccer squad. Maybe we'll get that stadium on herman field after all....

I don't name call on this board. You do it all the time.

Now here you go twisting facts like usual. Try reading the post and responding to the post without making things up...something you do often.

Never in my post did I say you thought SLU hoops was beneath softball. There was never a comparison of goslu's somments to softball. The softball remark is comparing your interest for it, to others interests in soccer. You come to your own wrong conclusions far too often and run with them. Maybe that is one of many reasons you argue with many folks on this board...very frequently.

The guy was baited into the argument. He expressed his support for the basketball team. It is bush league to pile on Johnnie come lately.

it seems to me the only person i ARGUE with is you. and in my view, you are the one who always seems to twist the posts. i am still waiting for you to provide the proof of the statement you made a while back that i invent facts. yet here we have proof of you inferring that i made some sort of statement at some time about "chick" sports being more important than billiken basketball and now you are denying that just two posts later. goodbye. your input as usual is worthless.

Dude, again read the post. I know you struggle with reading comprehension and facts. The post didn't say you said softball was more important than SLU hoops. I said nobody is picking on you for liking the "chick" sport of softball and posting about it. Or so I have read in past. Leave the guy alone. If somehow you got out of that something about you saying you liked chick sports more than SLU hoops....whatver guy. A prime example of you distortiing facts.

Easily the most lol post of all time is Roy saying I am the ONLY person on this board he fights with.(that statement pretty much somes up your credibility) I have to skip over all the arguments you have with people to get to real topics and posts. Last week someone tried to copy your moniker and mess with you. Before that there was a poll on best arguments on this board, and I think you were in almost all of them. Lol....now that is truly humor. Thanks for the tears of laughter.

That one is truly priceless. It made my day. Thanks.

This is one of the longer threads on this board - nice! Hey Rich, if you respond, you should start a new thread as I'm sure the soccer fans you have pissed off enjoy seeing the title of this thread, which say something about you being an ass, show up on the top of the board.

By the way, fill me in, what started this whole thread anyway? I've lost track in all the posts. I want involved in the rustling.

I know it's a holiday week and pathetic competition for the Bills, but there seems to be a lack of topics lately. I can't think of anything to bring up or I would.

A rarity for the PD but VERY well said:

SLU soccer will excel no matter where it ends up

By TOM TIMMERMANN

Post-Dispatch

11/10/2003

Changing conferences won't affect the Billikens prominence or success in collegiate soccer.

Basketball may be where the money is as St. Louis University considers a move from Conference USA to the Atlantic 10, but soccer is where the success is.

Soccer may not pay the bills, but it's the sport that gives SLU its highest profile. The men's soccer team is the only SLU program to win an NCAA title. It is the only program regularly ranked in the top 20 nationally, and is the only sport where fans can talk not just of making the NCAA Tournament, but of winning it.

See www.stltoday.com for remainder of article.

GoSlu started it off with a personal attack and it went down hill from there. I wish MU cared about its soccer program. Then the motley soccer crew would have an outlet for its seething oversensitive blather. As it is we're arguing the merits of high level success at a low interest sport vs high middle level success at a sport with a high interest level.