The Wiz's Outlook for the New Year

The Wiz

I know , I recently did a preconference outlook... but in light of some of the recent events and discussions, I thought I would add a few more thoughts.

In preseason (before Perkins injury) I had The Bills as the best team in the A-10 ,,,as in dominant.  After the injury we were still the best team  but only marginally.  PPI (pre Perkins injury), I had us going to the NCAA...Now, we still may go but it is shaky...56% in Dec is not a lock but it is still the best % in the A-10 right now.  Those 3 almost wins would have been wins with Perkins...he was a closer....think LSU game.  On top of all this,  we have an X factor now (again) with Covid.   How many games will we play? ...how many will the other teams play in the A-10?...when figuring out who will win ...how many players will each team have available?...how many will play  at less than 100%?. My computer figures that all the remaining games will be played and everyone will be healthy ...until they aren't played or are not healthy.  The Net tracker (as all other basketball systems ) has the same issues...faulty or incomplete data. The difference is ...the NET has something that no other system has ...a "fixer".  The Committee that comes in after the season and fixes  things (yes double meaning). This year the Committee will have a bigger role than usual  (like last year) and will help the NET  to find the "best" teams.

Key to the season...Most systems including the NCAA and especially the Committee look at the final 10 games of the season to help them decide things.  Assuming 3 games in the A-10 tourney...the final 7 games will be very important...starting with the Feb 8th LaSalle game. I know many on the board think the chances for a bid are over because of the "3 (almost win)  losses"  but the fact is we are not only still in the running but we have the best chance of any A-10  to get a bid...even if our margin for error is small.

The only team that can stop us now is us.

Chance to Dance ....

The Bills...56%

Dav...........46%

VCU..........45%

Wishing all on the Board  a happy and healthy  and winning New Year.

In the words of the late Al Davis, Just Win Baby!

While I'm not 100% convinced even winning the A10 regular season would be enough, it might be after last year's Committee "fixing," which might become the new normal for the foreseeable future, as in just give 2 bids each to a group of Below the Power 5 + 1.  But we do know there's still the option of winning the A10 Tournament and snaring the automatic bid.

Just Win Baby!

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I know , I recently did a preconference outlook... but in light of some of the recent events and discussions, I thought I would add a few more thoughts.

In preseason (before Perkins injury) I had The Bills as the best team in the A-10 ,,,as in dominant.  After the injury we were still the best team  but only marginally.  PPI (pre Perkins injury), I had us going to the NCAA...Now, we still may go but it is shaky...56% in Dec is not a lock but it is still the best % in the A-10 right now.  Those 3 almost wins would have been wins with Perkins...he was a closer....think LSU game.  On top of all this,  we have an X factor now (again) with Covid.   How many games will we play? ...how many will the other teams play in the A-10?...when figuring out who will win ...how many players will each team have available?...how many will play  at less than 100%?. My computer figures that all the remaining games will be played and everyone will be healthy ...until they aren't played or are not healthy.  The Net tracker (as all other basketball systems ) has the same issues...faulty or incomplete data. The difference is ...the NET has something that no other system has ...a "fixer".  The Committee that comes in after the season and fixes  things (yes double meaning). This year the Committee will have a bigger role than usual  (like last year) and will help the NET  to find the "best" teams.

Key to the season...Most systems including the NCAA and especially the Committee look at the final 10 games of the season to help them decide things.  Assuming 3 games in the A-10 tourney...the final 7 games will be very important...starting with the Feb 8th LaSalle game. I know many on the board think the chances for a bid are over because of the "3 (almost win)  losses"  but the fact is we are not only still in the running but we have the best chance of any A-10  to get a bid...even if our margin for error is small.

The only team that can stop us now is us.

Chance to Dance ....

The Bills...56%

Dav...........46%

VCU..........45%

Wishing all on the Board  a happy and healthy  and winning New Year.

I fully agree with everything you say with one exception, Covid. We really have no control about this.