wilbon article

jjray

>All foreigners aren't Europeans. Puerto Rico and Argentina

>aren't in Europe.

And they are not all "white" either. In case nobody has been paying attention, race is really getting to be a blured thing in international athletics. We are slowly but surely moving that direction in the US as well.

i think that izik could probably start for at least half of the teams in the acc. i.e. maybe the 8 makes sense.

I'm confused here. Ian is the slowest and possesses the smallest vertical of anyone on the team. I think Chris Sloan led the squad in dunks last year, including one over another player in transition. And in Brad's own words, "Darren is a tremendous athlete and a highly skilled offensive player," Soderberg said. "He can shoot the three extremely well and make athletic plays at the basket." But you rank IV above Sloan athletically and rank Darren the same?

Not that it really matters because IV is a center and even slowpokes like Bill Laimbeer can be great at center if they know how to position themselves. Just wanted to know what your thinking was.

In terms of athleticism, D. Clarke is probably number two on this year's team after Polk. Polk will be the best pure athlete we have had since Larry Hughes. I cannot wait to watch him play this year. If he can defend bigger players, then he is gone to cause fits on the floor.

I was rating them against their peers in CUSA ... IV I went back and forth on wether to say a 6 or a 7. CS is a tweener and IMO is below average atletically compared to other 4's or 3's in CUSA. DC I thought was average for CUSA guards last year ... I have heard he is much bigger this year ... I would want to see him play myself before giving him a better ranking.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

ironically, while jordan was a superb athlete, there were better, even in his own sport. jordan was the best because besides the big dunk or block, he could dribble, pass, defend like crazy, fill the open spot on the floor, etc. he also had the heart of a lion and refused to lose. he was a complete basketball player. i would bet that down deep, it drives jordan nuts to be thought of the way he is remembered.

I think the NBA and the Coaches MUST CHANGE. The NBA only goes after the flashy college conference players......they hardly ever look for an all around player...most players have to do something huge to even get notice, score 50 in a game, or beat a bunch of unranked high school teams, or dunk on big guys. Coaches are the same way, College coaches complain about AAU coaches, but rely on those same AAU coaches to get them the Big Recruits. It's a Business.....the players simply want to play and make money. It's not the love of Basketball, it's the benefits of Basketball, MONEY, FAME.....LUXURIES... If the NBA and NCAA start looking for more skilled players as opposed to flashy, bling bling.....etc....(my personal opinion..no pun intended) then they can send better teams to compete in the Olympics. What happened to Ron Artest, Quintin Richardson, Caron Butler.....they should've went first before Emeka, Carmelo, Lebron and Dwayne...they were looking for highlights.....It all need to change....Basketball as a Business needs to change back to just a "sport".