instant replays and video at the games

dj1225

Does anyone know what is up lately with the video boards at the game? They used to show a lot of instant replays, but lately they hardly have shown any at all. Only a couple highlight reels during timeouts. I want to see a replay! If it covers up live action, so be it. I'm getting food or hitting the bathroom during breaks.

And during action, all they do is stay on the view from way up top that shows the whole court. It looks terrible. I can see better from my seat! Show me a close up view!

And this is after they just got the big new video boards? Definitely a step backwards in my opinion.

Has anyone else noticed this?

4 minutes ago, dj1225 said:

Does anyone know what is up lately with the video boards at the game? They used to show a lot of instant replays, but lately they hardly have shown any at all. Only a couple highlight reels during timeouts. I want to see a replay! If it covers up live action, so be it. I'm getting food or hitting the bathroom during breaks.

And during action, all they do is stay on the view from way up top that shows the whole court. It looks terrible. I can see better from my seat! Show me a close up view!

And this is after they just got the big new video boards? Definitely a step backwards in my opinion.

My guess is that last night they kept from showing too many replays because the game was on the A10 Digital Network and the feed for that generally comes from the Tron video. They probably were instructed to keep in game video to wide angle shots so that those watching online wouldn't miss any action.

7 minutes ago, dj1225 said:

Blame Fred!!!!

50 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

Why can’t they get Goodwin’s Number correct on the scoreboard?  He is 0 not 00.

Also we don’t need # in front of the numbers, people know that 22 is a number.

It gives me satisfaction to see this thread. My buddies and I have been annoyed with this same thing. Get rid of the # in front of each number! Also, with the team putting an emphasis on rebounds (even handing out a rebound chain), they should add rebounds to the video board stats. They could condense the existing columns and add rebounds.. # for player, P for points, R for rebound and F for fouls. Do it!

Just now, pakapablo said:

It gives me satisfaction to see this thread. My buddies and I have been annoyed with this same thing. Get rid of the # in front of each number! Also, with the team putting an emphasis on rebounds (even handing out a rebound chain), they should add rebounds to the video board stats. They could condense the existing columns and add rebounds.. # for player, P for points, R for rebound and F for fouls. Do it!

The stat layout on the video boards is terrible. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

My guess is that last night they kept from showing too many replays because the game was on the A10 Digital Network and the feed for that generally comes from the Tron video. They probably were instructed to keep in game video to wide angle shots so that those watching online wouldn't miss any action.

Thanks. That makes sense. Though I wish they'd think more about the paying customers at the arena and work out another solution for streaming, like separate feeds or something. I just want to see more instant replays and closer views.