Why Marquette Stinks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we recruited landry as well until his academic record and hopes were looked closer at. if you guys can get landry into school, apparently crean has found his own version of the "duke sociology" major then.

i always love the way schools bank on those ranked recruiting classes. we havent had a ranked recruiting class since hughes yet finish in the top half of the conference year in and year out including beating your school bus yellow eagles last year no less.

let's not forget that the rankings are very aau based and liddell and lisch dont play much aau ball at all and are both top 100 recruits without that exposure. again, it is the sby (school bus yellow) eagles, south florida and depaul fighting it out for last in the years to come. have fun losing.

law said, "yet MU still won 19 games"

darn, if only they could have just won that second home game with southern miss.

Roy, if you guys are satisfied with finishing 9-7 in an average conference then thats fine with me. Under Crean, MU is I believe is either 7-3 or 8-2 against SLU, we have gone to the NCAAs twice and the NIT three times, have a Conference Championship, and a Final Four Berth. Tell me what SLU has on Marquette...

we finished ahead of marquette last year and if not for the grace of a horrible 5 second call by a up and coming ref trying out for the big east, slu would have swept the series last year. go ahead though and rest on those past numbers. i will enjoy the battle you have with depaul and south florida for last place in the upcoming seasons of the big least.

Yeah alright Roy, I'm sure we will keep finishing in the cellar of the Big East with our recruits and players that we will have going into the Big East I am done with this crap, you know nothing about basketball and have no evidence to support your arguement. You are just an angry old man who is upset because his team can't play with the big boys. You can watch us on Big Monday playing against the likes of UConn and Syracuse while you sit there getting upset over being called a mid-major. I'm sure you will be selling out the Savvis Center for those big time matchups against Fordham. That yellow school bus team is moving onto bigger and better things, too bad SLU doesn't seem to be apart of that. Learn how to accept it and then move on.

i am not the one visiting someone else's messageboard creating this discussion am i? better look in the mirror as to who "cant handle it". as i said, you didnt beat us last year in the standings, and wont this year as well. good luck thru 2008! i hope the prom's in 07 and 08 go well for you.

this is the SLU board. From one future lawyer to another (and MU alum), argue your points but don't sink into profanity, personal insults and namecalling. I know B-Roy, he's a good guy and very passionate about his Bills. Also quite successful in life with a great family.

i asked earlier and you never responded. and the way you presented yourself on this board, i would have guessed about 14. at least give us a heads up when you get your diploma so we dont hire your worthless a$$ for litigation purposes.

The way I present myself...I have all the factual evidence in the world on you. You just keep repeating, "Have fun battling out in the cellar with South Florida and DePaul." Thats fair if you think that, at least back it up with some evidence. Also, don't get upset with me for making something out of my life. You sound like some old man who is still living in the college days, wishing he would have done something with his life. As for SLU basketball, I wish them good luck. I have always liked Saint Louis and almost went there for undergrad. Reggie Bryant can play and Ohannon is poised for a breakout year. Good Luck going into the A-10, make sure you turn on the TV on Monday nights though to watch the yellow school bus team.

like i said, you are the one visiting our house more or less demanding we annoint the school bus yellow team better than the billikens. you dont see us over in the marquette house acting like jerks do you? i am not sure what facts you are talking about. unless you are trying to use the old al mcguire stuff again. i do know we have presented the fact that we finished better last year. so not sure why we get the "look down the nose" attitude. that is what this whole thread is about. the uppity we are above you attitude that marquette fans have developed in the last few years.

as to my failing career. i will have to let my wife and kids know we are moving to a tent park. i was unaware i had failed so miserably. i could have sworn i was doing fine, but i am really depressed over this revelation. btw, just when did general motors go out of business? i havent been checking my direct deposits, so i totally missed my last few checks not being there. thanks for the heads up on my failure in the business world.

"Under Crean, MU is I believe is either 7-3 or 8-2 against SLU, we have gone to the NCAAs twice and the NIT three times, have a Conference Championship, and a Final Four Berth. Tell me what SLU has on Marquette..."

Those are the facts that I stated. I am leaving your board, but to set the record straight, I like Saint Louis. I respect the school, its fans, and its team, but don't be upset with Marquette for going into the Big East. MU is just trying to better the school and one way is by improving its conference. SLU is doing the same thing by going into the A-10. Good Luck to SLU and to the Biliken Nation. I am sorry that we had to have a discussion like this Biliken Roy, but there is no reason to put MU down because they are trying to better their lot.

i guess just stay away from our board then if your hope is not to hear us tell you we dont think marquette is better than the billikens. then all will be well as i for one truly dont believe marquette to be a better team than the billikens.

congrats marquette fan

you have just been "Royed" - it is a pretty typical response from him and he needs neither facts nor reason to do it.

few intelligent fans would argue that marquette doesn't have a greater hoops tradition - which is what i think started all of this.

marquette made a smart move - if MU wants to keep crean and compete for final fours - there was no choice but to leave for the big east.

the bills have landed nicely in the A10

hopefully someday we can all try to beat the sh*t out of each other in our own conference.

oh great another living in the near past program fan that loves to show up here and beg us to admit the billikens are inferior. always good to see you. stalking anyone else lately?

That's what I'm talking about "dairy gas" in St. Louis we only have bad Slinger Odors.

Anyway, come on down to SLU our campus is awesome and when the new arena is finished you won't doubt that SLU will continue to rise in college basketball.

In the A10 perhaps the Axis of Midwest teams Dayton, X and SLU can sway the media and conference bias as it has already. In the B-East can Marq. Sincy, and Dep do the same? Probably not, so don't cry in your High Life over that especially when the whole thing blows up like Kirstie Allie post Cheers.

PS I knew it was only a matter of time before you suckers came on over here.

Nice take on Kirstie Allie post cheers...now there is a lady in dire need of a weight reduction program before it is too late. Seems like the last pic I saw of here in the tabloids had her in the 300 LBS area. She played a cool lookin vamp back in those Cheers days...what a shame.

I never understood why people liked her in cheers. She wasn't funny. She wasn't attractive based on the role or in any other way. The whole show became almost unwatchable when Diane left and coach died. I kept watching like a mental patient expecting the same ole shiite to change into someting different. It never did. If she's 300 lbs now perhaps she can take over for Sally Strothers. Another actress I could live without....