Fish and the assist record?

BLIKNS

According to the media guide the assists record(career)since69-70,belongs to Charles Newberry with 424.Josh Fisher has 298,so he needs 127 to break the record.Can he do it?Last year he has 111.I think he can do it,I expect Josh to play alot of minutes.

i agree. the best set of scorers, and him being a senior with full control of the point guard position, leads me to believe fisher will have a huge season. the assists needed to break that record will come before the end of february imo.

Yes, Newberry played 3 years for the Bills...He played 1 year at Belleville Area College...He was a fine player, seldom making turnovers...He could also hit the three...He was one of our better

all-time point guards...BAC is now called Southwestern Illinois...I believe he was from Chicago Land

Fish could easily break that record for 3 reasons. First, there were very few assists last year on baskets made by MP, because his baskets came off the dribble. Second, DD had a poor year because he couldn't get shots off quick enough. Thirdly, Frericks should be able to finish more shots than KB. And if the perimeter shooting is much better this year than last (as people are suggesting), then his penetration should lead to open shots by players who can hit them.

The Bills are guaranteed 28 games this season. In order to claim the all-time career assist total record, Josh Fisher will have to average 4.54 assists per game. That's no small feat. If the Bills play six postseason games (making it 33), Fish would have to average 3.85 assists per game to claim the record. Another way of looking at it is to figure how many games it would take if he averaged 4.0 assists (a good point guard should average no less than four assists per game). At four per game, Fish needs 32 games. I've projected the Bills to play 30 games, though I'd really love to see them play more, and Josh would have to average 4.24 per game to claim the record.

It's definitely attainable. Guys need to finish or knock down open jumpers. I'd like to see Fish get at least 150 assists (5.0 per game) this season. If that happens, it means the offense is flowing and the team is pretty good.