Three things missing so far

GOSLU68

i like that the coaching staff is keeping so many players involved. If we were just concerned with having players ready to play for next year I would say job well started. My three things missing are picks, rebounds and a sense of flow or teamwork. We have the deepest and most athletic bench in the history of the program but after watching Majerus try to discipline his teams you get the impression Crews was not around long enough to figure out how to rid himself of a depth chart that says Malik is a sub for Agbeko and Manning, Jolly and Gillman share 40 minutes, etc. Majerus could use the talent on the floor instead of trying to teach three guys to be points, three guys to play center, etc. if we continue on this path Reynolds, Bartley, and Roby are going to get too few minutes stuck behind slower players. Wichita State will not let McBroom dribble and hold the ball. We make far too many bad passes because the Rockhurst and MVC competition has been weak. Rockhurst should have been held to 35 points.

The first rebounding improvement could be to leave rebounders on the free throw line. I know Majerus did that to prevent fast breaks but most teams shoot 70 percent and out of the 30 percent we should cut off the shooter and have someone with a nose for the ball who is quicker than the other teams Bigs to try and at least try for rebound scraps.

Tanner Lancona, Crawford, Gillman all need to improve their defense because they are among our best talent. There should be curl plays looking for Crawford and Lancona like the Valpo team used to run at us. Gillman needs forty pounds of muscle but he has the best hands and feet of any of the Bigs. We should bench guards who pass to Agbeko knee high or to Jolly without telling him before the game to expect a pass.

The players ought to know if Bartley has the ball and is driving be looking for it. He's always looking for the open man. If McBroom is driving be looking for it, he'll be looking for someone to bail him out. If Yacabou, Reynolds or Agbeko are driving, crash the boards because they're putting it up. If Yarborough has it, be ready for the pass or to crash the boards because he is going to make something happen.

The players ought to know if Bartley has the ball and is driving be looking for it. He's always looking for the open man. If McBroom is driving be looking for it, he'll be looking for someone to bail him out. If Yacabou, Reynolds or Agbeko are driving, crash the boards because they're putting it up. If Yarborough has it, be ready for the pass or to crash the boards because he is going to make something happen.

good points - to many times we seem surprised that the pass is coming from the man driving.

i like that the coaching staff is keeping so many players involved. If we were just concerned with having players ready to play for next year I would say job well started. My three things missing are picks, rebounds and a sense of flow or teamwork. We have the deepest and most athletic bench in the history of the program but after watching Majerus try to discipline his teams you get the impression Crews was not around long enough to figure out how to rid himself of a depth chart that says Malik is a sub for Agbeko and Manning, Jolly and Gillman share 40 minutes, etc. Majerus could use the talent on the floor instead of trying to teach three guys to be points, three guys to play center, etc. if we continue on this path Reynolds, Bartley, and Roby are going to get too few minutes stuck behind slower players. Wichita State will not let McBroom dribble and hold the ball. We make far too many bad passes because the Rockhurst and MVC competition has been weak. Rockhurst should have been held to 35 points.

The first rebounding improvement could be to leave rebounders on the free throw line. I know Majerus did that to prevent fast breaks but most teams shoot 70 percent and out of the 30 percent we should cut off the shooter and have someone with a nose for the ball who is quicker than the other teams Bigs to try and at least try for rebound scraps.

Tanner Lancona, Crawford, Gillman all need to improve their defense because they are among our best talent. There should be curl plays looking for Crawford and Lancona like the Valpo team used to run at us. Gillman needs forty pounds of muscle but he has the best hands and feet of any of the Bigs. We should bench guards who pass to Agbeko knee high or to Jolly without telling him before the game to expect a pass.

I expect Crews to cut the rotation down to 8/9 guys by conference play. Also, Gillman adding 40 lbs of muscle?... I don't think that's happening, but if he did he would be a beast.

The players should know whether Bartley has the ball and is driving be searching for it. He's continually searching for the open man. In the event that Mcbroom is driving be searching for it, he'll be searching for somebody to safeguard him out. In the event that Yacabou, Reynolds or Agbeko are driving, crash the blocks on the grounds that they're putting it. In the event that Yarborough has it, be prepared for the pass or to crash the sheets in light of the fact that he is going to get something going.