Top 25 Teams Today

I don't remember a day I saw so many top 25 losses. Works out well for SLU, we'll go somewhat unnoticed. I still think we fall to 15-20, but could be worse in a 2 loss week.

That's because a day like this hasn't happened in over 10 years.

We'll still be in top 25 but more worried about the RPI at this point.

5 ranked teams lost on Thursday. 5 top 10 teams lost today. And 10 of the top 25 lost. Ouch.

From Bleacher Report:

The NCAA tournament doesn't start for another two-and-a-half weeks, but the madness is well under way with ranked teams dropping left and right.

After five ranked teams fell on Thursday night, another 10 AP Top 25 squads suffered a loss on Saturday.

What does all this chaos means for the projected brackets?

I'm glad you asked.

One thing is for surenot all losses are created equal.

Weren't Even Favored in Vegas

Cincinnati, Saint Louis and Texas

Many of us expected Saint Louis to bounce back from a tough loss to Duquesne with a road win over VCU. Others thought that Cincinnati and Texas would be able to win on the road against struggling Connecticut and Oklahoma.

But not Vegas.

Saint Louis opened as a 4.5-point dog against the Rams. Cincinnati was expected to lose by five pointsas was Texas.

After the loss to Connecticut, Cincinnati's head coach Mick Cronin told reporters, "We were awful from pillar to post. We weren't connected. We want things to be easy. Well, welcome to March."

The major-conference losses won't mean much in the grand scheme of thingsespecially considering all the other teams that lost on Saturday. At most, Cincinnati and Texas will each drop by one seed line in the next round of projected brackets.

Saint Louis might not have that luxury, though.

The loss to VCU certainly won't damage the Billikens' computer profile, but it was another blemish on the eye test. In their last eight games, they have lost twice, been pushed to overtime twice by George Mason and won another two games by just one possession.

Eking your way through an entire month of A-10 play isn't the best way to improve your standing with the selection committee.

Before the loss to Duquesne, I was prepared to project Saint Louis for a No. 3 seed. Now, the Billikens will be teetering between a No. 5 or No. 6 seed.

Oh, we'll always love the Bills no matter what. The issue is after losing to DU we're all concerned about just how good this team really is. I watched the UD Mass game yesterday and if we play like we did against DU Senior night's gonna be a real bummer.

Seeding is important bit I'm much more concerned about our guys getting refocused on what's been missing...To win: Defend. Rebound.

Unless we end the season losing our last 4 and go out in the first round in Brooklyn we won't be worse than a 5/6 which I can live with.