i forget...why are we playing this game?

Billiken1

I'm all for playing regional rivals, but in a weaker A10, can our RPI handle another low RPI team? Now, if SLU gets in the RPI stronger Big East, then bring them on!!!

Our non-conference schedule has always been loaded with low RPI teams. SIUE isn't an incremental low RPI team; they will just replace one of the plethora of low RPI teams that we buy for a night every fall.

I like the idea. We play some buy games each year, so I see no problem playing SIUE instead of Central South Carolina A & M. Also, playing at SIUE tonight is giving SLU the chance to play in front of a full house on the road. Competition aside, it gets a road game out of the way, and SIUE's arena is similar capacity-wise to some of the smaller arenas in the A-10.

I hope they continue this arrangement. I would be all for a 2 for 1 with SIUe. Like other said we usually play an OVC team every year, sometimes two. Why not let it be SIUe. I for one enjoyed the experience at Vadabalene Center. Easy parking, and good seats on the cheap.