Grandy at the 3 in 2014?

ACE

Really? They have?

I haven't seen that if it is the case.

I don't know what you have or have not seen. We had a couple people swear that DE never played the 4. I was quite sure that JC on occasion played Barnett at the 3 and DE at the 4. When they showed the replay of the North Texas game, sure enough, in the final minutes of a very close game, that is exactly the lineup JC had out there. I also recall seeing JJ, MM and KM playing at the same time. I also recall seeing JB playing some at the 2 and a variety of combinations with the bigs. Not sure how many lineup combinations you feel qualify as a lot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you have or have not seen. We had a couple people swear that DE never played the 4. I was quite sure that JC on occasion played Barnett at the 3 and DE at the 4. When they showed the replay of the North Texas game, sure enough, in the final minutes of a very close game, that is exactly the lineup JC had out there. I also recall seeing JJ, MM and KM playing at the same time. I also recall seeing JB playing some at the 2 and a variety of combinations with the bigs. Not sure how many lineup combinations you feel qualify as a lot.

I don't remember what poster said this, but the 1, 2 and 3 were almost interchangeable for the billikens last year. They all brought the ball up at various points and from there we initiated the offense. It's not like you could pinpoint who the "point guard" was once the offense started.

Dwayne played on the wing and OCCASIONALLY would play a small-ball 4. But that seems like pretty typical lineup variance of any team. We never really went four guards and we never really went three bigs (not counting Dwayne as one). So it seems to me the BIlls threw some pretty typical lineups out there, and succeeded with them.

I don't remember what poster said this, but the 1, 2 and 3 were almost interchangeable for the billikens last year. They all brought the ball up at various points and from there we initiated the offense. It's not like you could pinpoint who the "point guard" was once the offense started.

Dwayne played on the wing and OCCASIONALLY would play a small-ball 4. But that seems like pretty typical lineup variance of any team. We never really went four guards and we never really went three bigs (not counting Dwayne as one). So it seems to me the BIlls threw some pretty typical lineups out there, and succeeded with them.

Having three different guards capable of running point and also all capable of playing at the same time, plus having three different options at the 3 (DE, JB and the third guard of the three amigos) seems like a lot of lineup variety to me.

Having three different guards capable of running point and also all capable of playing at the same time, plus having three different options at the 3 (DE, JB and the third guard of the three amigos) seems like a lot of lineup variety to me.

Maybe we are arguing semantics, but I feel like this is pretty common in college basketball. It's not like we use any particularly strange lineups

Maybe we are arguing semantics, but I feel like this is pretty common in college basketball. It's not like we use any particularly strange lineups

Maybe we are seguing arguments, but I feel Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

I don't think the idea of Grandy getting a few minutes at the 3 is as outlandish as others on here, but this article is pretty much irrelevant. Not only is it completely out-dated, but as another poster (I cannot recall who) said in a thread about Agbeko playing the 3 generally kids always want to play a spot below where they actually fit in college because that is how it works in the NBA. You don't see many 6-6 PFs in the NBA, so a 6-6 kid is going to think "I should be playing the 3" when in reality he should be a 4 and doesn't have NBA talent.

Reminds me of Julian Winfield (6'4"), whom Grawer promised would be our point guard prior to arriving at SLU, b/c that would be his best position in the NBA.

As to GG playing the 3. Why not?? I don't recall DE dribbling much or shooting that much from the outside. Clearly, DE has more "guard" skills than GG has shown to date. Nonetheless, Skip was predicting and projecting DE at the 3 long before DE showed much ability there either. I say "never say never." Bad shoulder, improvement, why not...

Then again, I prefer a 3 guard line-up and I also recall KM, MM and JJ playing together a lot. Maybe when that happened, DE was playing the 3 and JJ was really playing the 4 or 5:)