Letter-writing campaign: Let's PROACTIVELY get rid of Biondi

Spot on Pistol. I met a guy a few years back from Pekin, Il. He is a SLU alum from the early 50s. I can't remember the exact amount, but when he went to SLU the tuition was about 750 a year. Every year since then he gave exactly that amount. He was never on anyone's radar but was just "inducted" to one of the lifetime giving programs because he had a total lifetime contribution of over 30,000. How many people who donate 250-1000 each year have been driven away by Biondi? Those add up really quickly.

Also Brouster should know what type of commitment is involved. This isn't specific to SLU. Every board at every school has angry emails and calls. It just comes with the territory. Get real.

If you're suggesting Biondi has driven away a lot of small donors, so be it. Certainly giving has increased dramatically under his tenure. To be fair, I would suggest many donate because of Biondi as well. Whether as a result of his programs, his campus improvements, his ability to hire the right development staff, etc. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but his successes are fairly easy to identify.

He has failed in numerous areas as well. As will the person who replaces him, inevitably.

Biondi has proven to be a very shrewd businessman if you ask me. But you guys want to get rid of him. I remember people wanting to run Larussa out of town about 6 months before the Cards won their last World Series. Do you guys not like success? SLU Basketball went from a no-name program in Concerence USA to the top team in the A10 in the last 10 years.

If the head of the board of trustees is getting inundated with so many emails, phone calls and letters calling for the dismissal of the president of the university that it's causing a major disruption to his other commitments, that tells me that we have a serious problem with the president of the university - the problem isn't with the people who are expressing their opinions.

+1. Sounds like many are voicing their opinion and this is looked down upon? I applaud these folks. Let your voices be heard if you don't agree.

Biondi has proven to be a very shrewd businessman if you ask me. But you guys want to get rid of him. I remember people wanting to run Larussa out of town about 6 months before the Cards won their last World Series. Do you guys not like success? SLU Basketball went from a no-name program in Concerence USA to the top team in the A10 in the last 10 years.

According to that one AAUP survey, 75% of faculty want Biondi gone. The faculty senate and student government association have both passed votes of no confidence in him.

There always existed a lunatic fringe of Cardinals fans/Kevin Slaten-worshippers who didn't like Tony La Russa, but if you think the two situations are anything alike, then you're a moron.

What a f***ing terrible analogy.

According to that one AAUP survey, 75% of faculty want Biondi gone. The faculty senate and student government association have both passed votes of no confidence in him.

There always existed a lunatic fringe of Cardinals fans/Kevin Slaten-worshippers who didn't like Tony La Russa, but if you think the two situations are anything alike, then you're a moron.

What a f***ing terrible analogy.

Is that the same lunatic fringe that doesn't like Jim Crews?

Is that the same lunatic fringe that doesn't like Jim Crews?

I don't like Jim Crews as our head coach because within 2-3 years our program will be reverting back to Soderberg-era mediocrity. If 'lunatic fringe' is the banner I have to bear because of that, then so be it.

I don't like Jim Crews as our head coach because within 2-3 years our program will be reverting back to Soderberg-era mediocrity. If 'lunatic fringe' is the banner I have to bear because of that, then so be it.

Well right now we have a freshman class of Agbeko and Crawford recruited under Jim Crews while still wearing the interm tag, plus Drew who redshirted. I get that there are questions, with his past record, it would seem silly not to have them. However, he did a good job this year as a coach and his recruiting seems to be off to a nice start. He's the coach, you can't change that, so why not be supportive and at least give him a chance before you decide prematurely that he's going to suck.

How about just pessimistic ******?

How about just pessimistic ******?

I think pessimism only really applies if I don't have a basis for the way I think. It's not exactly like Jim Crews hasn't been a head coach before. There's a track record that spans multiple decades.

****** on the other hand is up for debate, I guess.

+1. Sounds like many are voicing their opinion and this is looked down upon? I applaud these folks. Let your voices be heard if you don't agree.

The old adage "vote with your pocketbook" is very applicable in this scenario as well. The financial silence that will hit SLU in the next several months could be deafening.

Either the outgoing President of the Board of Trustee's was a Fr. Biondi shill who helped keep Board of Trustee pressure off Fr. Biondi -- that is assuming the Board of Trustees at SLU or anywhere else really is an effective body not only with authority and power but also is willing to use that power as specified in the legal documents and in their oaths of office -- but I digress as I have not seen many Trustees ever timely step in and do their job instead of waiting until decisions are made and then rubber stamping them). If so, his resignation now spells bad news for Fr. Biondi.

Or the outgoing President of the Board Trustees was one of the few Board members willing take their jobs and oaths of office seriously, that he was actually doing his job and being critical of Fr. Biondi in the back rooms, that he felt he was sticking his neck out while naturally receiving pressure from Fr. Biondi while sensing no support for his efforts as the remaining majority of Trustees remain staunchly loyal to Fr. Biondi, that he says this is just not worth it anymore, and that now with his resignation, Fr. Biondi has once again secured his power base with the sheep , I mean, Board of Trustees.

I am not the insider that Alumni Fan claims to be so I await his pontifical post.