• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

Hot in Herre.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm laughing out loud at my desk. I can't tell who, I’d guess Murph Derrrty,it's gotta be a St. Lunatic but he is wearing a GOTDAMNED Andrew Latimer jersey.

Here's the origin story of that jersey showing up in that video:

My freshman year, Nelly and the St. Lunatics were our homecoming concert act. SAB blew the whole budget for the year on this show and it was still $15 to get in. They came on 45 minutes late, played the hits, and left while saying "Sorry, y'all gave us a curfew of 11 so we're done." The opener was Toya, who went to MICDS and had a hit or two in the early-2000s. She played for maybe 20-30 minutes and had two backup dancers who were these ripped shirtless dudes who she wouldn't stop talking about. Terrible show.

Anyway, before the show, a couple of them got to raid one of the storage closets in the West Pine Gym. We always had boxes of old jerseys, shorts, equipment, etc. I don't know exactly how many of them got to grab stuff, or how much they had access to, or who let them in (my memory is fuzzy on this but I could give a good guess), but they showed up on stage with a few of them wearing old SLU basketball jerseys. And of course they kept them, so Murphy Lee immortalized the #14 jersey in the "Hot In Herre" video that came out in 2002, the following year.

(It was definitely Andrew Latimer's, too. He wore #14 in his season and a half at SLU. His freshman year was 1999-2000, and he left during winter break of the 2000-2001 season without warning any coaches. He was just gone and left all his gear. When they got in touch with him, he said he headed back home to Australia because he was homesick. So his old jerseys went in the boxes with the other blood jerseys - usually #10 and #24 in my years - and extra practice gear.)