Crews on 101 with Rammer

Was scanning through Twitter a few minutes ago and saw that Crews was going to be on 101 with Rammer at 10:45. I was able to catch at least some of the interview, but I can't say it was anything all that noteworthy, which was disappointing considering that it was teased on Twitter as "Jim Crews discusses his future with Rammer at 10:45."

Basically, Crews said that things will be sorted out sooner rather than later. Rammer asked him about recruiting, which Crews responded somewhat casually that they were optimistic with regards to their recruiting efforts, but nothing is certain until the kids sign on the dotted line.

Not much else. When I turned it on, Crews was talking about the good relationships between the players. He said that hasn't watched the tape of the Oregon game yet, and doesn't really plan to for a while. When Rammer asked if he had any regrets, Crews said that wasn't really the way he goes about things.

My impression of the interview was that he seemed to be in the driver's seat in regard to the job issue. I just hope we are not making a mistake.

If he didn't want the job my guess he would have already said adios by now.

My feeling they are working out the details of his contract now. Don't these high end coaching negotiations use a agent/lawyer to work out the particulars of the contract?

One other point I forgot to make was that he sounded very happy with his staff - so for those of you wanting him to get the job as long as he hires a new recruiting hot shot - ain't going to probably happen unless one or more of the current guys already knew that they were a one and done person. Not necessarily about agents and lawyers - if everybody in the decision making loop knew it was going to be him then my guess is an outline has already been whipped up so it should not take as long. If I was Crews I would want to know what the contract was going to be so I could have all the facts before committing.

Seriously, the only reason I didn't see him as our new HC was if he said, "Nah, I got a 12:30 tee time. But it's been a fun year. Good luck in the future." Not sure if this is a move we'll regret or embrace. My fear is the former.

One other point I forgot to make was that he sounded very happy with his staff - so for those of you wanting him to get the job as long as he hires a new recruiting hot shot - ain't going to probably happen unless one or more of the current guys already knew that they were a one and done person. Not necessarily about agents and lawyers - if everybody in the decision making loop knew it was going to be him then my guess is an outline has already been whipped up so it should not take as long. If I was Crews I would want to know what the contract was going to be so I could have all the facts before committing.

I be interested in seeing one of these contracts. I am sure it includes a ethics statement, how many radio shows he is obligated to do, parts dealing with product endorsements (Spoon was the all time master at this), any bonuses if he gets into post season and how far the team advances, and the all important, what happens if the contract is terminated pre-maturely by either the school or coach.

Curious, wonder what they gave him for the interim job?

Seriously, the only reason I didn't see him as our new HC was if he said, "Nah, I got a 12:30 tee time. But it's been a fun year. Good luck in the future." Not sure if this is a move we'll regret or embrace. My fear is the former.

here's hoping everyone on this board, sitting in The Jewel of Midtown, that's listened to Rammer and Earl put tears in our eyes over the years fears the former.