Bills by 5 over Ducks

The Wiz

A really nice win yesterday as we SLU Goliath.

A few more notes on the game before we move to Ore.

NMSU took more 3 shots than normal AND made less. I was looking for the Bills to hold the Aggies to 27% or less. Instead, we hold them to 12 1/2%.... another stellar performance. In fact, if NMSU shoots its average from the arc they make 3 more 3's....while not enough to win it brings the spread down to 11 points or almost right on target for the predicted spread. As long as the Bills are able to keep having games where we hold the opp to 20% or less from the arc I will keep under reporting spreads. Let's hope that trend continues.

In other notes...we move up 3 spots in my rankings to 12th not only because of a good win but because a lot of our former opp did well. We probably would have moved up more with a win by New Mex but ...oh well.

Now on to Ore.

Ore is a good team....A- ...similar in ranking to Butler. Butler is not a team you would take lightly but a team we can beat. Same with Ore. As long as we keep the pedal to the metal and play 40 min of bb we should be OK. Ore like NMSU is not a great shooting 3 pt team, though they take about the same amount of shots the Aggies took in the last game. Magic numbers for Sat....10 and 27. From the arc hold them to 10 shots and 27% or less shooting %.

If we treat the Ducks with the same seriousness that we did Butler....it will be onto Indy.

Most of the analysts agree w/ above. Couldn't figure out why OU was seeded soooo low. At a minimum should have been an 8. I watched for about a half yesterday and it was ugly from what I saw. More from OKS' side than Oregon. This is a scary game because OU's playing w/ a big chip on their shoulder because of their seed they think they were totally disrespected. Bills are going to have to play at a high energy level, but that's not usually a task for them. They seem to revile in playing hard. It was nice to see CR have a good game yesterday. Yeah, he missed a dunk but the reverse layup over and around the tree was sweet. If he continues to play like that, and CE's truly out of his slump, we should beat OU. However, I think this is going to be a close game because OUs playing to prove something... and it is the dance after all.

As an aside, broke my heart to see Davidson blow that game against MU yesterday. As I understood it MU hadn't been shooting the 3 ball well all afternoon, then suddenly out of nowhere they hit like 3 in a row. One of them from way downtown. Still Davidson could have iced it if that kid who threw the pass had kept his head and just held the ball a second or two longer.

Chips are great .... with dip, salsa and on a lebanon bologna sandwich. Chips on shoulders don't mean much in terms of beating a defense and putting balls thru baskets. I respect Oregon. I don't fear the webfoots. Winner takes all the cheerleaders home?

Oregon' success has been legit, they had a lull after starting 17-2, their PG was out and they stumbled for a bit, now he has been back for awhile.

I have concerns about the big Oregon crowd, that the Pac 12 has been doing well (though so has A-10) the fact that Oregon POUNDED Ok State, that matters, a narrow win would not have concerned me as much as them dominating, and JJ not being 100%. Also, goddam west coast refs... do you think Nike wants Oregon in the Sweet 16?

BUT I will stick with our relentless "D", and our 9-deep, talented, well trained, disciplined and well coached squad that has dominated for the last 16 of 17.

I have to like the Bills to continue to shock everyone and win and also pound the spread, win by 12-14. Not being a homer, I like 'em again.

Oregon' success has been legit, they had a lull after starting 17-2, their PG was out and they stumbled for a bit, now he has been back for awhile.

I have concerns about the big Oregon crowd, that the Pac 12 has been doing well (though so has A-10) the fact that Oregon POUNDED Ok State, that matters, a narrow win would not have concerned me as much as them dominating, and JJ not being 100%. Also, goddam west coast refs... do you think Nike wants Oregon in the Sweet 16?

BUT I will stick with our relentless "D", and our 9-deep, talented, well trained, disciplined and well coached squad that has dominated for the last 16 of 17.

I have to like the Bills to continue to shock everyone and win and also pound the spread, win by 12-14. Not being a homer, I like 'em again.

Did anyone else look at the box score from yesterday?

Rob Loe - 0 points

Mike McCall - 4 points

Jake Barnett - 0 points

Jordair Jett - 2 points

BUT DE 24 and CR 11.

I am sure we will have a much tougher game tomorrow. I think OR has legit success and will pack the stands. But I take solace in the fact different guys step up whenever we need them and the fact we've had sustained road success for the first time I can remember (and as someone who went to the Butler game, I can attest to beating good teams in a rowdy environment). DE prolly won't have 24 tomorrow, but I bet Loe, Barnett, Jett, McCall will have more than 6. Assuming our D continues to be tenacious, I am confident someone will step up on O-fffense. Can't wait to see who it will be tomorrow.