Graduation Rates for SLU

Just came across this article on yahoo about graduation rates:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/graduation-rates-improve-ncaa-tournament-184238499--ncaab.html

I mentions that 930 is the new line for APR and falling below that could lead to future penalties. SLU is one of six teams in the tournament below that. Anybody have any idea why? It is a little concerning that we are below that line.

Oh Billiken_Blues either you are like a child who just wondered into a room totally clueless or you live under a bridge somewhere.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/graduation-rates-improve-ncaa-tournament-184238499--ncaab.html

I mentions that 930 is the new line for APR and falling below that could lead to future penalties. SLU is one of six teams in the tournament below that. Anybody have any idea why? It is a little concerning that we are below that line.

I thought we were 122!!

Saw this article mentioned on the Holy Land message board as well. I was searching for the thread that discussed how our APR is trending upward and had basically bottomed out after last year...anyone able to help out?

Saw this article mentioned on the Holy Land message board as well. I was searching for the thread that discussed how our APR is trending upward and had basically bottomed out after last year...anyone able to help out?

I thought I had heard a couple years ago that it was low because of transfers and should be coming up but when I still saw it was that low wasn't sure when this was suppose to start going up. I would like to read that thread as well because I couldn't find anything that explained it.

Simply put, it's a 4 year average based on things that happened 5, 4, 3 and 2 years ago. We had a lot of transfers 5 and 4 years ago hence the low numbers. When those years roll off the average and the last few years which have been generally good are in the average we will be fine. Nothing to see here.

P.s. if you want a deeper understanding of why the apr is fundamentally flawed it will take a bit longer but just understand that basketball factories like Kansas have perfect APRs because they basically cheat the system...