upset specials

DoctorB

pick a few upsets that might get some headlines:

--UMich might lose either first or 2nd game: SDState or VCU. I like their backcourt but they have a bad habit of disappearing sometimes -- how would they do against VCU's press?

--everyone's scouting OK State, but Oregon may beat them

--can Bucknell pull the upset against Butler? the bulldogs have not been too impressive for a few months ...

--definitely have Colorado knocking of the Illini

--go Belmont! go Davidson!!!

Michigan's back court does a good job of not turning the ball over. I think Burke and the gang do okay vs. VCU. Obviously it helps if VCU is shooting well though.

Butler is way over seeded and ripe for a Bucknell upset.

Illinois is a weird team. It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the Sweet 16, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Colorado beating them to a pulp.

And I always like a Dana Altman regular season team. Unfortunately Dana has only won 2 tournament games in 8 appearances.

I also like the Wichita State / Gonzaga matchup. Could be an entertaining game.

Why do so many pundits seem to be picking Davidson over Marquette?

Yeah I'm not feeling that one.

Minnesota over UCLA seems solid to me.

Intrigued by Belmont over Arizona.

I also think at least one of the play-in winners will win their second round game.

If UCLA beats Minnesota then that's an upset, not the other way around. Minnesota is the better team.

Bucknell over Butler would be labelled a shocking upset by the media, but we know the truth around here.

The true upsets are wins by the 13 seeds or lower. If I were forced to pick only one I'm going with Davidson over Marquette too. The spread is only Marquette by 4. Marquette is not that great defensively, Davidson is a great shooting team and if they're on then they can win easily.

If UCLA beats Minnesota then that's an upset, not the other way around. Minnesota is the better team.

Bucknell over Butler would be labelled a shocking upset by the media, but we know the truth around here.

The true upsets are wins by the 13 seeds or lower. If I were forced to pick only one I'm going with Davidson over Marquette too. The spread is only Marquette by 4. Marquette is not that great defensively, Davidson is a great shooting team and if they're on then they can win easily.

couldnt agree more. the 13 seeds and lower are the teams that are not "at large" but get in only because hey won their conference tourney. the others, in most cases were just a matter of being under seeded in the first place.