Wanting Positive Feedback

Tonka

The Charleston Civic Center may not be a campus site but it is cozy and noisy. Folks in Charleston are almost three hours from the campus arena in Morgantown and so many cannot typcally make a weekday game. I am sure the Charleston Civic Center will be packed with WV fans (capacity is probably only 8000 to 10000). Probably 99.9% of the fans will be cheering for WVU. My guess I will be one of only a few SLU fans. This is not a neutral site for the Billikens and West Virginia is not a push over. They have a young and experienced team and a top-notch coach that will give SLU all they can handle. Top players

Pittsnogle - 6'11" center can shoot three like a guard, on USA Junior team last summer.

Schifino - 6'5" small forward can go to the hole & create shots

Herber - Not sure of height but tough, heady German player who can shoot

A transfer can lose a year of eligibility if they do not have a red-shirt year remaining. For instance, if JJ decided he wanted to transfer now, since he no longer has a red-shirt season left he would lose a year of eligibility. Also each conference has different rules regarding transfering within the conference, like in the Big10 you have to sit out two years if you transfer to another Big10 school.

kshoe, the Bills actually get lucky twice this season. In addition to the West Virginia game being played off-campus in Charleston, the Georgia Tech game will be played at the fairly new Philips Arena in Atlanta instead of Tech's smaller on-campus gym. It will be the only home game that Tech plays off-campus all season.

Reggie's career speaks for itself. Not only at Villanova, but at St. Thomas More and Calvert Hall as well. He has played for prominent AAU teams and gained much experience from his extensive traveling. As any other player coming in the door of a new school, Reggie had to pay his dues. He did that very well. His time was certainly not limited at Nova. He wasn't a starter and raked just as much time if not more then they did in games. His role on the Nova team was not to be a leader, but to keep them winning games, go in the hole, shoot the 3 or even motivate the team. I know him personally, I know his game, Let's wait and see what this season holds for him at St.Louis. Reggie is the coaches "dream player", he may not be the "star" player, but the "dream". He does and plays exactly how the coaches ask him to play. He doesn't deviate from the plan, or goes hawk, that's not him. He listens and he produces. I think St. Louis was a good fit for him. He'll prove himself to the doubters and as usual, you will be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

I think we're all confident that Reggie Bryant will be a very good player fot the Bills this year (and next year). Most of us expect him to be the leading scorer. He's smooth and athletic and is a excellent shooter. Having watched him in practice, I think he's reminiscent of Kareem Rush.

Are you Reggie's mom or sister? You can admit it. We embrace and develop special feelings for the family members of Billikens players in this cyber-community, provided we know who they are.

Yes I'm Reggie's Sister, "how'd you ever guess"? hahaha. I'm his biggest fan and supporter, I'm his worst critic, his second coach, and his sound board. But most of all, I Love the game of Basketball. I support all of the Baltimore players from Juan Dixon, Carmello Anthony, Marcus Hattan, Derrick Snowden, and many more in colleges, that one rarely hears of. I just show my support for them all, they are all very decent guys. Reggie grew up with these guys and they all share a common dream and that's Basketball. I just make sure they stay focused on their dream.

I'm very anxious to see what this season holds for SLU. This is new territory for Reg and he speaks very highly of his teammates and his coaches. So with all of their enthusiasm, I'm expecting great things from this team.

I would also like to extend a warm welcome to you Reggie's sister. I won't get to see Reggie play as much as many of the others on this website, as I live in Florida. We are very pleased to have your brother as a Billiken player and we are counting on him having two excellent years. I hope he has lots of double figure nights and that he fully enjoys his total SLU experience.