Bills by 3 over VCU

The Wiz

I still have us at 15th ranked with a 4 seed. As I stated in yesterday's thread, there is just too much ground to make up to move higher. A win today and a loss by Miami and we could move to 14th but the seed would stay the same. Bottomline...beat VCU=4 seed....lose = 5 seed

The good news is our numbers have improved which should help in our seeding provided the committee can get by any bias they may have. An interesting question is....would you take a 4/5 seed farther away or a 5/6 seed closer to home. I am hoping with a win today that the committee will give us both a good seed and close venue....not an easy thing to win the league and the tourney championship in a highly rated conference.

As for today's game, VCU is another 3 pt shooting team. They are not at the Richmond level but decent. Here are today's magic numbers....15 & 30. We need to hold them to 15 shots or less and 30% or less from the arc.

Let's hope the Bills can create their own form of havoc today.

Hope to kick butt but this is only game left that doesn't make much difference if we win or lose. lose go home after this. these 3 or 4 days rest are gonna be huge especially for star 6 and 7. No way JJ has been same since the very unBillish hotdog failed jam at home final. Can't overlook first dance partner but doesn't look like they will be as strong an opponent as Butler or VCU. Then second round opponent should be about same caliber. Then we will be underdog for first time in what OTOH may be longest overdog streak in recent SLU history against one of the 4 best teams in the country to punch or ticket to sweet 16. Just to be able to say all the above is a rush. Go Bills keep the 3streak alive, but if your gonna lose one more make it today.

JJ looks like he might be slowed from his fall. Just hasn't been his usual aggressive driver. Anyone else think that? Also, Mitchell showing great leadership. Understands the flow of the game and adjusts so well. Dwayne is All -American in poise, toughness and touch with the ball. But I was irritated at times with Lowe. Seems to be in a fog. Won't go to the hoop!

Vegas has SLU - 2, 70% of betting is on SLU, 30% VCU.

SLU has beat the spread, pounded it, most all of the last 13-14 games, so bettors are piling on despite VCU's national reputation.

I worry about JJ' s back, he looks a little tentative, he will be key against the press and of course on "D", and I worry that the refs will let VCU get away with a lot of grabbing and clutching and let them be too physical... yes we are physical,too, but with the press that helps VCU's style more if the refs look the other way.

But we are 9 deep, 3 top guards, 5 bigs to rotate, and JB in between. CE hit some 3's yesterday, DE is a monster, MM and KM will score and the whole team plays great "D".

I think we will handle them by 8-10 and send short stuff Shaka and tiny Spike home crying.

Hope to kick butt but this is only game left that doesn't make much difference if we win or lose. lose go home after this. these 3 or 4 days rest are gonna be huge especially for star 6 and 7. No way JJ has been same since the very unBillish hotdog failed jam at home final. Can't overlook first dance partner but doesn't look like they will be as strong an opponent as Butler or VCU. Then second round opponent should be about same caliber. Then we will be underdog for first time in what OTOH may be longest overdog streak in recent SLU history against one of the 4 best teams in the country to punch our ticket to sweet 16. Just to be able to say all the above is a rush. Go Bills keep the 3streak alive, but if your gonna lose one more make it today.

From what you've described, the Bills would be going against one of the four "best" teams in the Sweet 16, not for it.

JJ looks like he might be slowed from his fall. Just hasn't been his usual aggressive driver. Anyone else think that? Also, Mitchell showing great leadership. Understands the flow of the game and adjusts so well. Dwayne is All -American in poise, toughness and touch with the ball. But I was irritated at times with Lowe. Seems to be in a fog. Won't go to the hoop!

RE: JJ - I would bet my net worth that he is hurting. He's probably too tough to tell anyone, but to me it just seems obvious. Glad he gets a few days rest. Of course, with our luck, Loe will be on top of the ladder to cut down the net, Glaze will bump into it, re-dislocating his shoulder while knocking Loe down on top of Evans who sprains his ankle as he trips over Kwamain who re-breaks his foot while Loe breaks his arm over Cody's head who gets a concussion.

You would think I could get over the old "it's hard being a Bill's fan" thing, but old habits die hard...

RE: JJ - I would bet my net worth that he is hurting. He's probably too tough to tell anyone, but to me it just seems obvious. Glad he gets a

few days rest. Of course, with our luck, Loe will be on top of the ladder to cut down the net, Glaze will bump into it, re-dislocating his shoulder while knocking Loe down on top of Evans who sprains his ankle as he trips over Kwamain who re-breaks

his foot while Loe breaks his arm over Cody's head who gets a concussion.

You would think I could get over the old "it's hard

being a Bill's fan" thing, but old habits die hard...

Hahaha...visualizing this had me laughing out loud. Thank God it didn't happen. With our luck you never know...