A10 Tourney

I know that most of you will think this is insincere but I live in Brooklyn now (Steve is actually crashing with me for the tourney, I believe). I don't have the cash to attend any of the games I don't think but if anyone wants to grab a beer or seven, shoot me a message and let me know. Or if you just want pointers/help/etc. with the area, I'll do my best to give you info.

If I had more room I'd offer to host someone else, but Brooklyn apartments aren't very large. Looking forward to seeing a large billikens contingent in a week.

Mccarthyirish7 is letting everyone stay at his place....and he is actually a Billiken fan too.

@cheesey ---- staying at the Hotel Indigo near LIU-Brooklyn. What's local to that area in terms of restaurants, sports bars,etc. Appears to be about a six city block stroll down Flatbush to the Barclay Center. Is strolling doable?

Driving up Thursday from Bal'mer. Training in from Seacaucas to Penn Station. Subwaying over to Jay Street/Metro Tech on the A/C. Rumored to be chauffer to SignPunk.

@cheesey ---- staying at the Hotel Indigo near LIU-Brooklyn. What's local to that area in terms of restaurants, sports bars,etc. Appears to be about a six city block stroll down Flatbush to the Barclay Center. Is strolling doable?

Driving up Thursday from Bal'mer. Training in from Seacaucas to Penn Station. Subwaying over to Jay Street/Metro Tech on the A/C. Rumored to be chauffer to SignPunk.

I would definitely walk because it doesn't seem worth the hassle of trying to take a train just one stop or two. As far as food/bars go, I'm not intimately familiar with that area but you're not terribly far from my favorite sports bar in Brooklyn, 200 Fifth. It's located a little bit south of Barclay's, and every single seat has it's own tv. http://www.200-fifth.com/

Fort Greene is the neighborhood just east of where you're staying, and it has some really cool restaurants including Speedy Romeo, which is the only place in NYC that serves St. Louis style pizza (provel and all). It's slightly northeast of barclay's.

There's also a mall right by barclay's (the atlantic center), but your best bet is to just avoid it (unless you find yourself desperately needing to go to a NY DMV) as it's pretty shady. It was a bummer to find that out when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to try and watch a Blues playoff game last year.

If you're up for exploring I would definitely hit up Park Slope. It's the neighborhood just south of Barclays (it's also where 200 fifth is, at 200 5th avenue). It's filled with really cool restaurant and shopping and bars. I used to live not far from there and love the area (if you can get past a slight aura of pretension and lots and lots of strollers).

My wife and I will be there. We will probably make it to the Friday game. Hopefully, also on Saturday. We're leaving Sunday afternoon, so we won't make the championship game (knock on wood).

If the Billikens make it to the championship on Sunday and you are going and if you are staying in Midtown, be aware that the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade will be blocking a very large portion of 5th Street. I think it starts at 11:00. If you are trying to get from Midtown to the game, your access to subway routes and your access to get the Brooklyn by cab may be impeded.

My wife and I will be there. We will probably make it to the Friday game. Hopefully, also on Saturday. We're leaving Sunday afternoon, so we won't make the championship game (knock on wood).

If the Billikens make it to the championship on Sunday and you are going and if you are staying in Midtown, be aware that the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade will be blocking a very large portion of 5th Street. I think it starts at 11:00. If you are trying to get from Midtown to the game, your access to subway routes and your access to get the Brooklyn by cab may be impeded.

Just to note the parade runs on 5th Avenue (not street) and is actually on Saturday March 16th. So it will affect that day primarily.