How good are we?

brianstl

I absolutely love the way this team plays. You just Never know who will step up to help us win the game. If someone told me before tonight's game at Butler we shoot 53% from the line and Cody one of our key offensive threats is held without a point then I would have thought this would be a tough one to win at a hostile gym. Our team just refused to lose and that darn crazy tip in towards the end of the game by DE was a thing of beauty.

We should be ranked in the Top 20 and definitely should be ranked ahead of Butler. I really hope we run the table as I would like to win the A-10 regular season. I also do not fear anyone and think we can do real damage in the NCAA. I would love to see us beat teams from the BCS seeing as the are all chicken to play us at Chaifetz.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the Billikens are a top 12 team, or the A-10 is a second tier conference. FYI, I don't think the A-10 is second tier.

This team is more than on a hot streak. Going into a team like Butler's building would douse that if SLU were truly playing above it's head. No, the Bills are deep and play together as a team as well as any I've seen in a long while.

There could also be something else at work. I'm not willing to necessarily say it's the case, but the Majerus passing may have brought them together that much more. They could be playing for him and one another (some of the player quotes I've read seem to indicate that). Whatever the reason, they are about as gelled as a college basketball team gets.

If they do get to the Sweet-16, expect them to become THE story in the tournament for as long as they stay alive.

We are better than our "ranking" will be on Monday. I don't two shits what is either. We can play with and beat any team in the country on a given night. This is the real deal. Our D was great tonight. Our Offense was inconsistent and FT shooting sucked AND we still beat a high caliber team (who btw beat the #1 team in the country) @ their house. F yeah. We are good. Believe it and enjoy it. We ARE relevant again.

Kwan showed that burst a few times in the second half and finished well at the rim. Getting him closer to 100%, oh my...

definitely feel like he's getting it back... look how high he was on that 50/50 ball that they called a BULLSH!T foul on him for...

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/photos?gameId=330532086&photoId=2749109