Tim Fuller

SLUDrew

Why on earth does anyone care what coaching tree our guy comes from?

Quin Snyder came from a pretty good coach, and he sucked.

Quin Snyder was also too stupid to get away with what Coach K has been doing for decades at Duke. Not saying I necessarily think Coach K is dirty, but I'd imagine he's good at stretching the rules, and Snyder wasn't.

I think the coaching tree matters because it's one of the only reasonable gauges for what type of coach to expect.

Obviously, there's no full-proof way to predict a coaches success, but IMO the coaching tree is very important.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quin Snyder was also too stupid to get away with what Coach K has been doing for decades at Duke. Not saying I necessarily think Coach K is dirty, but I'd imagine he's good at stretching the rules, and Snyder wasn't.

I think the coaching tree matters because it's one of the only reasonable gauges for what type of coach to expect.

Obviously, there's no full-proof way to predict a coaches success, but IMO the coaching tree is very important.

Also, unlike Q, Coach K is not a cokehead... at least not that we are aware of ;)

Snyder was good at stretching Kleiza's girlfriend