Crews ready to fill in for Majerus

-i guess i missed the report that Rick was in santa barbara, hope he is ok

-this sounds good..."Anything we need to make this program and this team a success they've done. They've been 100 percent behind us."

-McBroom really shouldn't be counted on this season, andy

I like the way Crews came across in that interview. I think that sometimes things work because you are the right person at the right place at the right time. It just comes together. Whereas that same person may not work in another place. If Crews does well this season 1st or 2nd in Conference and or Conference Tournament and at least 2nd Round of NCAA Tournament he maybe the best choice for numerous reasons which all stem from maintaining Continuity in the Program. A change at HC will have some disruption. That may eventually lead to wins or it may not. We won last season and we should win this season no reason we can't win next season too. Maybe not the sexiest choice but I'm keeping an open mind on Crews.

Maybe not the sexiest choice but I'm keeping an open mind on Crews.

We have to at this point. Not saying this team is UCLA of the 70's or the team Roy Williams inherited at UNC, but you'd really have to work to mess up this season. I'm sure even Fr. B is aware of that even if he doesn't know baskets are 10' high. That would likely turn JC's interim status into temination status. Then the major factor is how does he do on the recruiting trail. Carrying the interim tag ain't gonna cut it with most recruits, of course he could be telling them RM's expected back and that's why he's the interim HC.

I understand that RM is a great game day and game plan coach but his real strength was talent evaluation. This allowed him to get kids that probably would not have been available to us with other coaches. I am not be negative on Crews but do we know if he can evaluate talent and recruit - with out that any program is in trouble.