Mark Lyons Transferring

I'm an equal opportunity thug caller. I used to call UC's Brannerman a thug all the time. He's white. Think I even used it a couple of times in the past to describe Frease. He's white. When I was growing up the word thug was typically associated with Bogart and Cagney films, both played white bad asses. Heck, my dad used thug to describe my mom's brother Benny, who was a bookie in Brooklyn, "Your uncle Benny's nothing but a cheap thug." Uncle Benny was white. I use it equally across racial lines to describe anyone who's got a nasty disposition and likes to hurt people, or cause problems. I know Colin Cowherd thinks it's a racial slur, he said as much yesterday re the Metta World Peace situation, but it's been around long before gangstas and rap artists arrived on the scene, Back in the 20s it was used a lot to describe Italian mobsters, in the 40's, the gestapo (I assure you these boys were definitely all white), in the 50's white juvenile delinquents and motorcycle gangs. I think it was Joe Biden who once referred to Rush Limbaugh as a thug. But in deference to MMB73's call for racial equality let me call Mr. Lyons a goon, a cheapshot artist, instigator, rabble rouser, s*&t stirrer. Take your pick, it makes no difference to me. Thanks for the defense, moy.

because I don't believe either Taj or slu72 is a bigot like you. Reality.

Oh? I would say you are a frustrated hypocrite.

Yes, Taj and slu72 are solid, credible posters. But with Mack's admirable action of pushing out Lyons (doesn't want to contaminate his top 15 incoming freshman class with Lyon's poison) those two and others now cite the reality of the outrageous behavior of the Xavier and Cincy players, as I had done previously, and you single me out. Most fear any implication so they stay away from the topic.

billiken.com's Reverand Al, you are.

Then, (newbies) your lets be nice and just say joined-at-the-hip pal, jbizzzle, jumps in. What a shocker.

Thugs are thugs, we need to get them out of the sport. Majerus will not allow them, hasn't, never will. That's one of the many reasons we like our Billikens.

I'm an equal opportunity thug caller. I used to call UC's Brannerman a thug all the time. He's white. Think I even used it a couple of times in the past to describe Frease. He's white. When I was growing up the word thug was typically associated with Bogart and Cagney films, both played white bad asses. Heck, my dad used thug to describe my mom's brother Benny, who was a bookie in Brooklyn, "Your uncle Benny's nothing but a cheap thug." Uncle Benny was white. I use it equally across racial lines to describe anyone who's got a nasty disposition and likes to hurt people, or cause problems. I know Colin Cowherd thinks it's a racial slur, he said as much yesterday re the Metta World Peace situation, but it's been around long before gangstas and rap artists arrived on the scene, Back in the 20s it was used a lot to describe Italian mobsters, in the 40's, the gestapo (I assure you these boys were definitely all white), in the 50's white juvenile delinquents and motorcycle gangs. I think it was Joe Biden who once referred to Rush Limbaugh as a thug. But in deference to MMB73's call for racial equality let me call Mr. Lyons a goon, a cheapshot artist, instigator, rabble rouser, s*&t stirrer. Take your pick, it makes no difference to me. Thanks for the defense, moy.

You sure about that? :D

You sure about that? :D

I'm thinking that Cowherd might have said something like that yesterday because he has been called out repeatedly in the past for overusing the term 'thug' to describe black athletes. I remember Deadspin roasting him unmercilessly for using the word dozens of times in a single broadcast.

I'm thinking that Cowherd might have said something like that yesterday because he has been called out repeatedly in the past for overusing the term 'thug' to describe black athletes. I remember Deadspin roasting him unmercilessly for using the word dozens of times in a single broadcast.

"Who IS this idiot?"

--Mrs. Box and Won, upon hearing Colin Cowherd for the first time

I usually turn off the radio/TV, etc. when he comes on the air. I unfortunately missed the tirade.

What about the use of the word "goon?" John Cheney's fouling strategy almost sounds derogatory.

Also, Mrs. Box and Won - that's hilarious! Cowherd is a joke.

Oh? I would say you are a frustrated hypocrite.

Yes, Taj and slu72 are solid, credible posters. But with Mack's admirable action of pushing out Lyons (doesn't want to contaminate his top 15 incoming freshman class with Lyon's poison) those two and others now cite the reality of the outrageous behavior of the Xavier and Cincy players, as I had done previously, and you single me out. Most fear any implication so they stay away from the topic.

billiken.com's Reverand Al, you are.

Then, (newbies) your lets be nice and just say joined-at-the-hip pal, jbizzzle, jumps in. What a shocker.

Thugs are thugs, we need to get them out of the sport. Majerus will not allow them, hasn't, never will. That's one of the many reasons we like our Billikens.

You are truly a patriot who loves America first. Keep fighting the good fight NB73! Get rid of the "thugs"!