Dwayne Polk Expectations and ?'s

Do you guys think that Dwayne Polk will be a 10 points/5 assists guy next season?

How do you guys see him projecting over time?

Is he going to have trouble defending big guards? ,Or is his speed so great that other teams will have to adapt to him?

Is his penetration the kind that will get Reggie free out on the wing from 3?

Is he consistent as an athlete? I've heard he's solid off the court.

Can he score amongst the tree's?

Just curious,I haven't seen dwayne play since the Jmac and NKern team. And I for sure liked what I saw then.

I want to be careful about making projections about a player who has yet to suit up in a Div. I game, but I do have fairly high expectations out of Dwayne Polk. He's quicker than Marque Perry and shoots considerably better from the outside (though I think he's a bit streaky). He'll quarterback the team from the start, just as Perry did.

I believe Polk is capable of putting up 10 points per game without too much difficulty, but will he defer to the veterans Reggie Bryant, Tom Frericks, and Izik Ohanon? Also, assists are tricky to project, because they depend upon the pass-recipient's ability to finish the shot after the pass. The other factor to consider is how much of a step up from high school ball (especially in Missouri, where Kalen Grimes is awarded the Gatorade Player of the Year) Div. I ball is. Players are much taller, faster, quicker, stronger, and more skilled, and all but an elite few take some time to adjust. I don't know if Polk is one of those elect few. (Plus, the general trend has been that Floyd Irons-coached players -- except for Anthony Bonner -- peak in high school. I hope that Polk, under Brad Soderberg's tutelege &l;remember, Brad played Dwayne's position in college&r;, can be another exception to that trend.)

I'm going to say that Dwayne will give us 7.5 points and 4 assists per game as a freshman. Also -- perhaps this is going out on a limb -- I think by the time his career at SLU is over, he will have had at least one season average of 12 points and 6 assists per game and at least one regular-season conference championship.

I'm also hesitant to heap on great expectations for Polk. But I do believe he'll be a standout player by the time he leaves SLU. I just hope that SLU will have enough quickness and athleticism to take advantage of Polk's transition game.

I don't see Drejaj beating out Polk at the point, so I'd expect Polk to be around 10 pts/5 assists a game. He has too much of a gunner mentality to not score much at SLU if he gets the minutes.

I won't put numbers next to his name. I just want him to be a pest. I would like to see him be a Squeaky Johnson type guy next year. I think he will help our big men alot more than our guards have. I expect Polk to be able to put Frericks, Ian, Izik in a better position to score. That and play tough D, that is all I ask.