Ladies vs. Men

sonoma bob

After watching the ladies bomb 3's against Duquesne on the latest video I am wondering what their free throw shooting % is for the year, compared to the MBB team we all live and die with.

Good win for the ladies too.

After watching the ladies bomb 3's against Duquesne on the latest video I am wondering what their free throw shooting % is for the year, compared to the MBB team we all live and die with.

Good win for the ladies too.

I thought this thread was going to be a score prediction on if Shimmy's squad played Rick's...

no contest these of course, just curious how the FF % compares for the year so far.

The video showed the band & cheerleaders giving the ladies lots of support. I like the video highlites except for the constant Bills face flashing in between every play. Just a bit distracting every time.

This site keeps getting better and better.

Nice win for the ladies. Glad to see the band & cheerleaders support - the student section was pretty dismal, though. It would only do the school good if ALL the sports were well-attended. Good for recruiting, too.

I tried posting the stats, but I can't get it in a good table format, so here's a link:

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewContent.dbml?CONTENT_ID=171385&DB_OEM_ID=27200#TEAM.IND

The team averages are .375 FG, .316 3FG & .667 FT

And for any of you who haven't seen it yet, download the Billikens app for your iphone or android. It's great!!!! It covers ALL sports. Schedules, rosters, news, everything.

The representatives for the ladies team didn't seem to want to be bothered with getting people in the stands this year. For the 1st time since 2 years before Jill left we didn't attend a game. I couldn't get a response from anyone. Even spoke with Declan at a soccer game. Last year we brought over 80 girls grades 3-8 and their families totaling over 260 people. And ... we don't just show up, we're loud and energetic. However, not this year. Probably won't even try again next year.

The representatives for the ladies team didn't seem to want to be bothered with getting people in the stands this year. For the 1st time since 2 years before Jill left we didn't attend a game. I couldn't get a response from anyone. Even spoke with Declan at a soccer game. Last year we brought over 80 girls grades 3-8 and their families totaling over 260 people. And ... we don't just show up, we're loud and energetic. However, not this year. Probably won't even try again next year.

That's sad. You should contact Chris May & let him know. That's not fair to the team, and it's not good PR for the school. He should know.

-wow, sometimes the swings and misses are just amazing

I was done with Shimmy as soon as she made the backhanded comment about Theresa Lisch moving to Europe with her husband after she had graduated with 1 year of eligibility remaining.

That was the comment about her best player choosing to bake cookies, correct?

Shame that we can't have these games in the Chaifetz Pavilion... that seats about 700 right? For the less than 200 who were there on Sunday, it would have been a much better atmosphere than 175 people in a 10,600 seat arena...probably would have even had a sense of an atmosphere

That was the comment about her best player choosing to bake cookies, correct?

Shame that we can't have these games in the Chaifetz Pavilion... that seats about 700 right? For the less than 200 who were there on Sunday, it would have been a much better atmosphere than 175 people in a 10,600 seat arena...probably would have even had a sense of an atmosphere

-i can see both sides in where the ladies play, the arena is outstanding and used in recruiting (hey, look at where we play our games) but if it is all but empty the pavilion makes all kinds of sense to get at least some game day feel

-in terms of numbers the ladies need to more than triple their fans at 200 to outgrow the pavilion capacity if 700 (and they won't do that easily by disregarding groups like skip's)

They've already won more games than last year, although that's not saying much. I think the most frustrating thing is that there is a decent amount of talent on this team. I think they've lost like four games by 1 pt. From what I've seen there's just too many mental mistakes and turnovers. They somehow overcame 28 turnovers on Sunday to win. Obviously that falls back on the coach in the end.