Naismith Student Section of the Year

TVACH13

Hello Billiken Fans,

The SLUnatics have been nominated as one of the top 80 student sections in the nation. There will now be a public vote until February 12th to determine the Sweet 16, and the voting will continue after that.

Now is your chance to show your school spirit and support the SLUnatics. Everyone is welcome to vote once per day. Please feel free to send this out to any family members, colleagues, or any other Billiken Fans.

Here is the link to vote. Just enter your email, and select the Saint Louis Billikens. http://www.facebook.com/ilovecollegehoops?sk=app_148595948584796

GO BILLS! BEAT CHARLOTTE!

TVACH

Hello Billiken Fans,

The SLUnatics have been nominated as one of the top 80 student sections in the nation. There will now be a public vote until February 12th to determine the Sweet 16, and the voting will continue after that.

Now is your chance to show your school spirit and support the SLUnatics. Everyone is welcome to vote once per day. Please feel free to send this out to any family members, colleagues, or any other Billiken Fans.

Here is the link to vote. Just enter your email, and select the Saint Louis Billikens. http://www.facebook....148595948584796

GO BILLS! BEAT CHARLOTTE!

TVACH

FYI...you can vote once per day per email address.

I do not think the Bills have the best in the country. Nor am I a student or an alum, but I am voting for them (3 times a day with my 3 email addresses) because I am a fan. I would rather SLU win this thing than some corruption filled cesspool like Kentucky or UConn (and we don't want MB to get all uppity if Duke wins).

FYI...you can vote once per day per email address.

I further realized that they do not even have to be your email addresses to vote. There is no confirm or verification as far as I can tell. Therefore, feel free to use any old email you can think of to vote for SLU. All that happens is you get a "Thank you for voting" email.

I might head over to the PD to get some of our favorite reporters emails and use them to vote for SLU.

If we could get the emails for some Mizzou or Xavier students and vote for SLU with those that would be hilarious.

the student section has been a joke. it was from 2001-2005 when I was a student which is why I never joined the "blue crew" and my friends and I had our own alternative group (we were the drunk ones with obscene signs)

Why not help make it better then?

be

Why not help make it better then?

many times we were the only ones making noise. we were often the only ones in the student section during christmas break (this is before slu started giving away free tickets to non-profits. we take all the credit for holding dwayne wade to 8 points in a game against marquette and our bafangool sign really got in pitino's head the night we beat number 2 louisville. just never saw the need to pay for a lousy t-shirt when we could sit in the student section and out do the "official" cheering section.

the student section has been a joke. it was from 2001-2005 when I was a student which is why I never joined the "blue crew" and my friends and I had our own alternative group (we were the drunk ones with obscene signs)

It seems like you were part of why it was a joke.

It seems like you were part of why it was a joke.

no, it was a joke because of the kids on their cell phones who never even paid attention to the games. we went hoarse at every game screaming our lungs out. the student section has gotten better, but it would have been hard to get worse.

be

many times we were the only ones making noise. we were often the only ones in the student section during christmas break (this is before slu started giving away free tickets to non-profits. we take all the credit for holding dwayne wade to 8 points in a game against marquette and our bafangool sign really got in pitino's head the night we beat number 2 louisville. just never saw the need to pay for a lousy t-shirt when we could sit in the student section and out do the "official" cheering section.

I mean the credit should go to josh fisher but that's not my point. I'm not saying you should have paid for the shirts just simply joined them by sitting with them. I have little knowledge of how blue crew worked prior to 2007-8 season but it would seem a simple fix to just join them.

we sat there everygame. sometimes some of the gals asked us to keep it down because they were on the phone (true story). we were the ones with the large sign with words made out of blue painters tape. even made the U-news with the "diener is a weiner" sign (travis from marquette one, not the Drew the Billiken).

we called ourselves the "booze crew". not a very clever game but there was a 6-10 person contingent of us at every game. at its height, we used to meet in 3409D in Grand Forest (now torn down to make way for the 'Fetz) before every game, drink Ice Man Malt Liquor, make our sign, and decide which opposing player we were going to get into the head of. those were the days...

we called ourselves the "booze crew". not a very clever game but there was a 6-10 person contingent of us at every game. at its height, we used to meet in 3409D in Grand Forest (now torn down to make way for the 'Fetz) before every game, drink Ice Man Malt Liquor, make our sign, and decide which opposing player we were going to get into the head of. those were the days...

That's actually awesome and I wish you guys were around today. We could really use more rowdy guys like you.

we sat there everygame. sometimes some of the gals asked us to keep it down because they were on the phone (true story). we were the ones with the large sign with words made out of blue painters tape. even made the U-news with the "diener is a weiner" sign (travis from marquette one, not the Drew the Billiken).

I remember you guys. Those signs were hilarious!