The Script is simple now

Time for the team to man-up. Make plays and win - just win baby. There will definitely be changes in minutes if players don't perform. Kwamain needs to find his 3-pt shot - that will cure a lot of our problems.

Go Bills.

Agree and even more important he needs to find his FT stroke.

You cant have a starting PG shoot 50% from the line. In close games he will have the ball. And right now he is also the guy the other team wants to foul.

-some things i saw or think i saw

-we leave our spot on weakside defense many, many times leading to off rebdns or passes for layups

-we simply cannot defend dribble penetration, JJ maybe the best of our group and i am not sure where i would rate him vs the avg high d1 guard

-obviously the last two games the 3pt shot has all but abandoned us, some are just missing, some are horrible misses, of good looks mainly

-in the dayton game (i can't call them svu for a while, at least) both KM and BC picked up horrible 3rd fouls, our "leaders" can't do that at any time but esp not in a close road game

-we seemed like we had no jump, were we tired? if so how?

-guys just dribbling, we were not doing that in the first part of the season, *** so on this and other stuff i credit the scout against us, but where are our adjustments?

-BC goes long stretches without touching the ball on the block, see *** above

-how many times in the first half were we up 8 with a chance to go up double digits and we did not convert?

-turnovers and by guys you would not expect

-BC gets doubled in the post, have we not prepared for that? as good a passer as he normally is that should be instant assist for him***

-KM, very poor ft shooting and bad possessions in crunch time, not what i expected, get ready for 'hack a mitchell'?

-key is we have to learn from this and get better, all is not lost but there are teachable points

-did the team bus to dayton?

What I saw or think I saw (only watched the second half due to other obligations):

-- pleased to turn on stream and be up by 8 at half.

-- compatriots at game said Dayton took away our three-point shot. Dayton? DAYTON! Which tells me Archie Miller outcoached our HOF coach and we had no adjustments in mind.

-- 26% from three-point land and the only one I remember seeing was Ellis' bank-in prayer. (Which he was also fouled on). I thought this team would have at least two viable options at the three in each game. That was not the case here.

-- Senior leadership -- as in do we have any? I thought we did and yes, last night was a hostile environment but between Mitchell, Cassity and Conklin, I expect more. Dayton imposed their will on us, not the other way around.

-- Mitchell: no real outside shot yet. Dribble-drive = traveling or turnover. At least one pass into the second row behind Bills bench (might not have been Mitchell, could have been McCall -- stream was from half court high up). Free throw shooting suspect. Out of control at times. Lost count on personal fouls.

-- Cassity. A big, fat zero. No points. One rebound. No assists. I have advocated for Kyle in the past but last night his contributions were just about nothing. And he still got 27 minutes.

-- Conklin. Not bad, but again Conk cannot be the main man. Best as a supporter. MVP still right now. But if we feed him and they collapse, which they did, we have to be able to take and make the outside shot on the pass out.

-- Loe. Dayton's offense was a big man top-of-the-key pick for Dillard. If that pick was Fabrizius, he drifted off for a three. If it was Kavanuagh or Gavrilovic, they rolled to the basket. Loe looked like Big Bird out there trying to cut off Dillard and then failing to get back for the cutter.

-- Ellis. I thought Dillard's final drive in regulation was a charge. Cody was outside the arc and Dillard hit him. Yet the call was basket and one. Still, redeeming three to send it to overtime.

General thoughts:

-- Dayton outrebounded us. Fifteen by softies Kavanaugh and Gavrilovic.

-- Bonowich laughed at my "box" bet in another thread but we lost where we shouldn't have --- on the interior to a ragtag bunch at best. Gary is right when he laments our lack of interior play but most college teams don't have that inside banger. But losing on the boards to this bunch is pitiful. Sometimes, Cody has to forsake the charge and rebound; his lying in the lane seems to befuddle our guys and allows the opponent free passage to the glass.

-- If we can't cover Dillard, heaven help us with Lyons and Holloway.

-- Remekun. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

-- We play four-on-five on offense with either Cassity and Jett on the offensive end. Cassity won't shoot and Jett only takes layups. Having both of them on the court at the same time really hamstrings us because the defense knows to give them the open jumper -- they won't take it. Jett had a dunk in the first half, and two nice layups in the second. I know he is a good defender but still ---- we need all options available --- and I still don't see a mid-range game from JJ.

The A10:

-- Didn't you used to be Xavier? Losing at La Salle scares me because some darkhorse team always rises up in the A10 and surprises and Team #1 is La Salle now.

-- In the same context, St. Joe's wins in OT at Duquesne and becomes either Team #1B or Team #2. The league no longer looks as weak as it once did. Throw Dayton in because -- well, they usually never lose much at home. And take it from experience, the head is a strange athlete and if you believe you're good, then you are good. La Salle, St. Joe's and Dayton have their condfidence arrow up; us --- fading into the crapper.

-- Temple rises like a Phoenix with the win over Duke. Stories of their early demise were obviosuly premature.

Path forward:

-- All is not lost. But the bloom is off the 12-1 rose in this one. We have not yet learned to win on the road in a hostile environment. Our three-point shooting is streaky. Our rebounding and interior game is weak and needs work. The high points of beating BCS schools are now immaterial --- BC, Nova, YouDub and Oklahoma are being identified as down teams this year and our perceived luster from those wins is gone as they continue to play and expose their true selves to the basketball world.

-- Good news: the next two games are at home.

-- Bad news: one of those two is Temple. We can only rise back to league relevance by winning both.

--