OT College Basketball and the Wussification of America

The quote you are referencing is taken out of context pertaining to Tommie Liddells leaping ability. The signature you stole that from even says so. To answer your question, no I am not gay...... One could say I am a virgin to homosexuality. Sort of like you being a virgin.

The quote you are referencing is taken out of context pertaining to Tommie Liddells leaping ability. The signature you stole that from even says so. To answer your question, no I am not gay...... One could say I am a virgin to homosexuality. Sort of like you being a virgin.

What's your point? Because I'm not going to respond to some dumbass with a 12 year old psyche on a basketball message board about my sexual history that makes me a virgin? I'm in college broski draw your own conclusions.

Because people think they are entitled to stuff. This guy thinks that every game should be fair as far as crowd noise goes. If you want a bipartisan crowd, go play tennis. I probably should have made a more specific title. Apologies Pistol.

By the way it was college football. Misread that part of the article.

Back to the original "point" of this thread. How does one whiny letter represent the wussification of America?

It doesn't. It is just like someone coming onto this board after a loss and utilizing the most insane post to take the pulse of college basketball. It is just silly and pointless.

Because people think they are entitled to stuff. This guy thinks that every game should be fair as far as crowd noise goes. If you want a bipartisan crowd, go play tennis.

Weak. One guy's issues don't represent those of a larger group, the same way people argued here in the past couple days that a single poster's comments and actions should not represent those of all alums.

Or for another example, Roy has argued on here before that he doesn't like when people stand during games. A lot of other people here disagree with him. Doesn't mean he represents some larger culture of entitlement, or vice-versa.

Weak. One guy's issues don't represent those of a larger group, the same way people argued here in the past couple days that a single poster's comments and actions should not represent those of all alums.

Or for another example, Roy has argued on here before that he doesn't like when people stand during games. A lot of other people here disagree with him. Doesn't mean he represents some larger culture of entitlement, or vice-versa.

Right, I get that. I really was just posting a story about a sad college football fan(thought at the time it was basketball aka more relevant). My title was a bit misleading again my bad.

actually i think i said (because this is how i feel) i dont understand the point of standing the entire game. i couldnt care less if people stand or not yell or not, sing nursery rhymes etc. they paid for the ticket.

i stand when the action justifies. i yell at refs probably as much as anyone. i cheer and whistle when the action justifies.

i dont understand standing for no reason, leaving early, reading or talking on the phone the whole game. there's probably more but off the top of my head that's all.

Right, I get that. I really was just posting a story about a sad college football fan(thought at the time it was basketball aka more relevant). My title was a bit misleading again my bad.

Oh, there's no question that dude is about as wimpy as a fan can get. None of the geezers at SLU games would whine about ###### like that.

actually i think i said (because this is how i feel) i dont understand the point of standing the entire game. i couldnt care less if people stand or not yell or not, sing nursery rhymes etc. they paid for the ticket.

i stand when the action justifies. i yell at refs probably as much as anyone. i cheer and whistle when the action justifies.

i dont understand standing for no reason, leaving early, reading or talking on the phone the whole game. there's probably more but off the top of my head that's all.

thanks for explaining. i thought thats why you hate Majeras because he stands the whole game. now i feel a lot better

Haha, sorry to bring you into it Roy. Just a board-related example that popped into my head. If SLU had more fans like you, the program would be in much better shape. It's your ticket and you can do what you want in your seat. And hey, unlike a lot of other SLU fans, you have the ability to stand when the action justifies. The line for the golf cart shuttle on the way out is longer than the line to get in the building.

thanks for explaining. i thought thats why you hate Majeras because he stands the whole game. now i feel a lot better

at least i know how to spell majerus. but maybe you arent a slu grad.

I think I'm entitled to stand.

I think I'm entitled to have sex or not have sex

I think I'm entitled to have sex while standing.

I think I'm entitled to invite my friends to stand and watch me having or not having sex

I think I'm entitled to stand while watching people have sex or not have sex

What I'm not entitled to is to stand while having sex at Chaifitz regardless of whether people are standing and cheering or not

And ... just to be clear. It's also not ok for NextyearBill to stand with Tommie Liddell's balls in his face in or out of context unless Tommie Lidell consents to having his balls in his face while standing