pac 10 tv money

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/05/03/pac-10-tv.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a15&eref=sihp

-wow, their deal in annual terms is more than any other conf at this point (that is until the next conf goes beyond this deal at their renewal)

-they more than quadrupled their annual rights fees and can start their own network that they will own

-i would guess this makes it tougher for our non bcs friends out west to compete given the additional money these schools will have for facilities, coaches, training, travel, scouting, recruiting.....

Put an OT in front of this thread please.

Wow. Thanks for your adherence to forum rules Metz. I had no idea a thread labled "PAC 10 tv money" was only partially about the Bills.

Why don't you lob a few political grenades and close this thread too.....

It's good question though. Do the Bills actually get money for our (lack of) TV contract?

Wow. Thanks for your adherence to forum rules Metz. I had no idea a thread labled "PAC 10 tv money" was only partially about the Bills.

Why don't you lob a few political grenades and close this thread too.....

It's good question though. Do the Bills actually get money for our (lack of) TV contract?

Hey, no problem.

The A-10 has a TV deal? B)

Not a very effective one.

One of the things that has always surprised me with the A10 is how poor the TV deal is. The conference plays good basketball and has a presence in a lot of large metro areas. With so many TV channels there has to be one interested in a deal to televise the A10's games.

From what I understand advertising interest for sports games is increasing because people actually watch it live and see the commercials. With the increase of DVRs a lot of people know record their favorite TV shows and skip right past the ads. This is one of the reasons the big conferences are getting such large amounts in their new TV contracts.

Whenever the A10 gets to redo their contracts (hopefully soon) they should try to get something with ESPN/ABC or Fox first but if they can't get a good deal try NBC, CBS, TBS, TNT, Versus, or even HD Net would be better than what we have now.