Cassity

How many "leaders" of a team, who are also supposed to be the leading scorer, pass the ball off with less than 5 in the shot clock? I saw this at least 3 times last night and it drove me crazy. Its no excuse that he was thrown into this position either. Cassity, Eckerle, and Conklin are the most experienced on the team and the other 2 handle it well. People can trash Conklin all they want but at least he wants to make a play and has drive. After a great start to the year, Cassity has really reverted to his old ways and I think thats a big chip in our cold streak.

How many "leaders" of a team, who are also supposed to be the leading scorer, pass the ball off with less than 5 in the shot clock? I saw this at least 3 times last night and it drove me crazy. Its no excuse that he was thrown into this position either. Cassity, Eckerle, and Conklin are the most experienced on the team and the other 2 handle it well. People can trash Conklin all they want but at least he wants to make a play and has drive. After a great start to the year, Cassity has really reverted to his old ways and I think thats a big chip in our cold streak.

Its not Cassity's fault at all. Have you tried to drive to the hoop after you wet your pants? You gotta pass the ball.

Its not Cassity's fault at all. Have you tried to drive to the hoop after you wet your pants? You gotta pass the ball.

having not been able to see the last few games, but knowing cassity, i'll have to agree that he probably pissed himself. he could be playing hurt, but even still, being hurt doesn't stop you from taking open shots.

There's a valuable spot for Kyle on this team ---- but it will never be GO TO GUY.

exactly. Cassity shouldn't even be in the position to have to assume that role and wasn't ever meant to have it. You can ask players to do more than they are capable of if you'd like, but it won't make them do it. Kyle cannot beat quick players off the dribble, nor does he have the ability to hit a shot with someone in his face. Leave him open and he's a good shooter, be out of position and he'll take you to the hole, but straight up with a decent defender playing him correctly and he doesn't have the tools to make something happen.

exactly. Cassity shouldn't even be in the position to have to assume that role and wasn't ever meant to have it. You can ask players to do more than they are capable of if you'd like, but it won't make them do it. Kyle cannot beat quick players off the dribble, nor does he have the ability to hit a shot with someone in his face. Leave him open and he's a good shooter, be out of position and he'll take you to the hole, but straight up with a decent defender playing him correctly and he doesn't have the tools to make something happen.

-really difficult to ask someone to be someone they are not

-notice today is the anniversary of your signature line

I didn't think expecting him to be smarter with the ball than consistently handing it off to a freshmen 5 feet from the 3 point line with 5 on the shot clock was asking too much.

I didn't think expecting him to be smarter with the ball than consistently handing it off to a freshmen 5 feet from the 3 point line with 5 on the shot clock was asking too much.

He doesn't have the ability to create that shot against defenders with the athleticism Dayton brings to the game. Had he tried to get the shot off and threw up crap, people would be complaining he just throws up crap. Sorry, but KC is just not a create his own go-to type scorer, regardless of what we need from him. He is what he is, and that is a very good player in the right role.

He doesn't have the ability to create that shot against defenders with the athleticism Dayton brings to the game. Had he tried to get the shot off and threw up crap, people would be complaining he just throws up crap. Sorry, but KC is just not a create his own go-to type scorer, regardless of what we need from him. He is what he is, and that is a very good player in the right role.

Throwing up crap is better than shot clock violations...ZERO excuse for shot clock violations, especially at home

Looking at the box score I see Kyle led the team in scoring and assists last night while playing on a bad ankle. Why do we always have to have a whipping boy on this board. It was the same with Luke Meyer.

Looking at the box score I see Kyle led the team in scoring and assists last night while playing on a bad ankle. Why do we always have to have a whipping boy on this board. It was the same with Luke Meyer.

Luke Meyer wasn't the whipping boy after his first year. It's year three of the KC and the Sunshine Man routine. Husak more than Meyer was the whipping boy in that era. I'd kill to have 5 Luke Meyers in my starting lineup.

Luke Meyer proved himself in his last two seasons with SLU and became one of the most beloved players on the team. His relentless hustle and workman's like effort was a joy to watch.

Maybe his frosh season he was but I would never call him a whipping boy after that.