An uexpected ray of hope!

bsheldon

Dont see the logic there. If anything he credited Majerus' recruiting and coaching ability.

He slaps majerus in the face when he says there is something wrong with the program if we can't put together a 20 win season absent our 2 best players. So if we win 18 games, then there is something wrong with the program and it can't be chalked up to the fact we were without our two best players. It can't be seen as a successful season. That's ridiculous. Not sure why that's hard for u to see.

KM and WR weren't just our 2 best players. They were arguably 2 of the best sophomores the program has ever seen. It really is no use crying over spilt milk but the impact of losing these two is bigger than anything the SLU program has gone through.

KM and WR weren't just our 2 best players. They were arguably 2 of the best sophomores the program has ever seen. It really is no use crying over spilt milk but the impact of losing these two is bigger than anything the SLU program has gone through.

This I agree with. We can't look at it like 2 seniors leaving, because that would have been expected from the previous season and a plan would have been in place. Also, while I believe KC became a more vital part of the team during conference play last year and handled a lot of the ballhandling duties, this team was led by KM. He was the PG all season and handled the ball the majority of the time he was on the court. To look back and try to devalue KM's impact, as if he was just a good complimentary player during conference play, is some serious revisionist history.

I believe we have some truly great potential with the frosh, and KC, CE and BC look focused and ready to play and contribute more in KM's absence. BUT, this team would be significantly better with just KM back, and infinitely better with both WR and KM playing. I believe KM will come back and play this season the moment he is allowed, and this team will be the better for it.

Broy's analogy to losing 2 seniors is off base. If they were SR's, fans' expectations would have been tempered even with 2 replacement recruits. Almost the same with injuries, fans would have been down but realize injuries are part of the game and make the lowered expectations easier to swallow. But what happened here is more akin to being stood up by the girl of your dreams. It's a bummer because there seems to be no reason for your dashed expectations. We all kind of knew that there would be some blowback for what happened last May, but we never expected a category 5 hurricane. Our expectations remained high right up until two days before practice only to find out we're right back where we started two seasons ago. Any Billiken fan that says he or she's not disappointed is swimming in the river DeNile. Heck, I've been promised two tickets to the Duke game and have been excited about going to Cameron ever since the game was announced. I'm still going, but to say I'm still excited about it would be a lie. I expected to see a competitive game, now I fear a really ugly and embarassing blowout. And it's going to take place on national TV. Still B'roy's correct in saying it is what it is and this team deserves our full support more than ever.