track and field

bk how is the astroturf field in the middle a waste of money? It can be used for field hockey.

I really do think men and women Lacrosse teams will be there soon.

A10 Lacrosse!

I really do think men and women Lacrosse teams will be there soon.

A10 Lacrosse!

haha as a current club lax player i can only dream. Recruiting would be decent. midwest lacrosse is subpar and nothing compared to east coast or colorado.

not to go off topic but If were gonna start a new sport me and my friends have always thought Hockey was the choice. Really all you need to do is check this years final four or the amount of players in the AHL/NHL from saint louis and youd be convinced of such a thing too. I know a few college players and some AHL players from STL and most of them would have been thrilled with the oppurtunity to play for SLU

haha as a current club lax player i can only dream. Recruiting would be decent. midwest lacrosse is subpar and nothing compared to east coast or colorado.

not to go off topic but If were gonna start a new sport me and my friends have always thought Hockey was the choice. Really all you need to do is check this years final four or the amount of players in the AHL/NHL from saint louis and youd be convinced of such a thing too. I know a few college players and some AHL players from STL and most of them would have been thrilled with the oppurtunity to play for SLU

Just curious, but I can see that all the good LAX high schools (DeMatha, Georgetown Prep, St. Mary's Annapolis) all feed into Hopkins, Navy, Duke, UVA, SYRA and Notre Dame even, but where do the top midwest high school LAX players go? Would midwest lacrosse be better on the college level if the top tier guys from DeSmet or Rockhurst or Regis in Denver stay in the midwest? Do you think we could sustain lacrosse at SLU on the intercollegiate level?

Talked with a friend on the track & cc team and apparently the track will be finished for the spring season, there will be concessions & bleachers and it will have the necessary pits for field events (we will be able to host meets). That's the good news. however, he said that in the plans he saw, the field was grass... my bad about the earlier fieldturf info, but our club soccer captain was told at meetings that it would be fieldturf. so i'm not sure what the final product will be.

Just curious, but I can see that all the good LAX high schools (DeMatha, Georgetown Prep, St. Mary's Annapolis) all feed into Hopkins, Navy, Duke, UVA, SYRA and Notre Dame even, but where do the top midwest high school LAX players go? Would midwest lacrosse be better on the college level if the top tier guys from DeSmet or Rockhurst or Regis in Denver stay in the midwest? Do you think we could sustain lacrosse at SLU on the intercollegiate level?

Midwest lacrosse is really behind east coast lacrosse in terms of stick skills. (much how stick skills can make a player in hockey). the athleticism between all the regions is basically similar...the stick skills are on extremely different levels. Lacrosse is a completely feasible sport for SLU to sustain. Basically the facilities neccesary are already here (use of the soccer fields or this new field). The point holding back tons of schools from adding it is the women scholarships that would need to be added. Also the travel costs/other costs associated with a non-revenue sport. Though i do believe Lacrosse could make as much money as a sport like baseball pretty easily to cover some costs.

AS far as recruiting. It would be hard and weak at first. Chicago has some talent, though Notre Dame gets some of that. Ohio has by far the most talent in the midwest but Ohio State and Notre Dame take most of the top prospects. im from milwaukee. Wisconsin has produced 1 D1 talent. That was my senior year and he wasnt even an all-state selection. He was going to detroit mercy, which was in the first year of its program. i dont think KC, STL, OMAHA, really any city besides the ohio or chicago contingent has produced any real sustainable talent pipeline.

Talked with a friend on the track & cc team and apparently the track will be finished for the spring season, there will be concessions & bleachers and it will have the necessary pits for field events (we will be able to host meets). That's the good news. however, he said that in the plans he saw, the field was grass... my bad about the earlier fieldturf info, but our club soccer captain was told at meetings that it would be fieldturf. so i'm not sure what the final product will be.

Sweet. Now hopefully I can get lane one at Ritter to myself in the spring mornings. Not that I don't like you ladies, (it's usually the women's team anyway) but I would like to turn RIGHT half the time.