ESPN reports Colorado to PAC 10 a done deal

slu72

Not necessarily. It depends on what Texas decides to do.

Unless I missed something it read like a done deal from both CU's and PAC 10's sources. I'd say the B12's best hope, especially for KU, is to merge with the MWC and get Boise State.

Unless I missed something it read like a done deal from both CU's and PAC 10's sources. I'd say the B12's best hope, especially for KU, is to merge with the MWC and get Boise State.

Like I said, not necessarily. There's been no official word that Texas and friends are going to the Pac11. It ain't over till its over. CU is gone, but that's the equivalent of Fordham leaving. Nebraska is almost certainly going too, but the lynchpin is Texas. If they stay, the Big 12 (while in a different form) will remain for the time being. If they are to go, then I would agree with you.

There are plenty of strange possibilities. The SEC is not out of the picture for Texas and A&M. The SEC could also raid the ACC for teams, leaving the ACC on the lookout for new members. If you think the A10 is far flung, how about an ACC West division with the likes of Kansas, K State, Iowa State, Missouri, Cincy, Louisville, and West Virginia? This is great fodder for silly speculation! :P

There are plenty of strange possibilities. The SEC is not out of the picture for Texas and A&M. The SEC could also raid the ACC for teams, leaving the ACC on the lookout for new members. If you think the A10 is far flung, how about an ACC West division with the likes of Kansas, K State, Iowa State, Missouri, Cincy, Louisville, and West Virginia? This is great fodder for silly speculation! :P

It is my understanding that UT is talking to ND.

I highly doubt UT goes to the SEC, though there is support inside A&M for them to go, but I can't imagine them going anywhere seperate from UT.

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

To recap the article's rumors:

Texas and Texas A&M to the Big 10

OSU (according to TMZ sports, so take that FWIW) to the Pac 10

OU to the SEC, but need a partner school to go with.

Still no word from Mizzou.

So much for Texas and A&M meeting to keep the conference together. See ya Big 12.

who said A&M and UT were meeting to keep the Big 12 together? The second Nebraska decided to leave the Big 12, there was absolutely no chance UT stayed.

If this ends up being true, I wonder how long UT/OU rivalry continues. I'm not saying it would end, but would either UT or OU want to continue with the difficult schedules they would each already face in conference. I would hate to see it end as the game has great memories for me as kid growing up in the DFW area as an OU fan in a family full of UT fanatics.

If the UT and A&M to Big 10 happens, I guess Mizzou needs ND to join also so there is a spot for them. Maybe Biondi can talk ND into requiring Mizzou sign a 100 year all away contract with their good friends at SLU. If not ND will include a stipulation that Mizzou cannot join before they do.

OU to the SEC, but need a partner school to go with. Still no word from Mizzou.

So much for Texas and A&M meeting to keep the conference together. See ya Big 12.

This is where Mizzou could come into play if the Big 10 is no longer an option.

OU to the SEC, but need a partner school to go with.

Still no word from Mizzou.

If things work out like this, what in the heck does the PAC 10 get out of it? The Denver TV market is good, even though Colorado football has been down for a decade. Okie State without Oklahoma? I'm not sure what that would do. IMO Texas and Oklahoma were the jewels. The PAC 10 gets neither if this is true.

This is where Mizzou could come into play if the Big 10 is no longer an option.

It guess it depends on how the SEC wants to move. There are certainly options like Florida State, Miami, GA Tech, and Clemson that aren't bad geographic fits. However, those states are already covered by current SEC members. The SEC could also hunt a little farther north with schools like UNC, Virginia, and VA Tech.

mizzou could potentially deliver the best TV deal for the SEC (unless you're counting DC for VA & VA Tech).

It guess it depends on how the SEC wants to move. There are certainly options like Florida State, Miami, GA Tech, and Clemson that aren't bad geographic fits. However, those states are already covered by current SEC members. The SEC could also hunt a little farther north with schools like UNC, Virginia, and VA Tech.

mizzou could potentially deliver the best TV deal for the SEC (unless you're counting DC for VA & VA Tech).

The DC market is dominated by Maryland in college football.

Living at the HQ of the Big XII there is much speculation here about what is going on. What we know so far is that UC has decided to go to Pac 10. It is rumored by orangebloods.com (or some other site that has had good info to date) that the Nebraska board of regents made an unofficial decision to go to Big 10.

It is speculated that Tom Osborne resents the control Texas has in the Big XII and wants to move. It is speculated that UT, T A&M, TTU, OU and maybe OSU all go to the PAC 10. It is speculated that A&M would rather go to the SEC but doesn't want to leave UT. It is speculated that the Big XII could stay together by adding BYU and Utah or possibly TCU. It is speculated that the SEC does not want to expand they recently negotiated a new TV deal and all teams are due to get $20mil/each and don't want to share. It is speculated that a PAC-16 would try to get 2 BCS bids one for each division and not play a championship game. It is speculated that Boise St. could be a PAC-10 target

The conventional wisdom is on the big move to the PAC-10 and the Big XII may continue to exist in some lesser state with KU, KSU, ISU, maybe TCU, BYU or others.

We also know that USC was punished today vacating all wins while Reggie Bush was on the team, loss of 30 scholarships over 3 years, and can't go to post season for two years. It will take a good coach 4 yrs to recover from that so Lane Kiffin should recover in..... ah...... never.

The information above is based on info from 1310 the ticket and Randy Galloway Show on ESPN Radio interview with TTU Head Coach, former Auburn Coach Tommy Tubberville.

One very interesting thought to me was brought up by Tubberville. He said Arkansas in the SEC they just weren't the same in football as the were in the SWC. They were better in basketball. Tubberville believed they weren't the same because they couldn't recruit Texas any longer. Extrapolate this to SPUMAC they have had moderate success recruiting Texas players a move to the Big 10 would take away that recruiting ground and they slip further into mediocrity but they should be used to that by now. Could be good for basketball though.

I think a move to PAC 10 is dumb especially with USC being out for a few years. Yes there are big TV markets in LA, SF, Seattle but they just aren't football TV markets see LA Rams move to STL much smaller market. No one in TX will be pumped for a Oregon St. v. UT matchup.

I really hope SPUMAC gets screwed in this whole re-alignment. They were so smug being courted by the Big 10. Academic standards this big markets that but are the standards really that great? Big 10 is in decline just like the states they inhabit those jobs aren't coming back and guess what MSU Izzo probably ain't coming back either, Meechigan sux in football and OSU can't beat anyone good, Paterno will kick the bucket one day for just a few examples of their decline not to mention the state economies.

How does all this affect SLU? I don't know probably won't, we can dream about a re-alignment with KU, KSU, ISU still out there but they are big state schools with FB so that is just a dream.

How does all this affect SLU? I don't know probably won't, we can dream about a re-alignment with KU, KSU, ISU still out there but they are big state schools with FB so that is just a dream.

I think the only way we are affected is if somehow the Beast gets sucked in. Right now the Beast FB schools don't seem to be the hot commodities they were a month ago. This is all about what UT and ND do.

If the UT and A&M to Big 10 happens, I guess Mizzou needs ND to join also so there is a spot for them. Maybe Biondi can talk ND into requiring Mizzou sign a 100 year all away contract with their good friends at SLU. If not ND will include a stipulation that Mizzou cannot join before they do.

Skip, for what it's worth, Bernie had the yahoo/rivals guy on the radio at noon. According to this guy anyway, the Big 10 targets are ND, Maryland, Rutgers and Vandy. No mention of Texas. Even if that is true, there's plenty of gamesmanship going on right now.

Skip, for what it's worth, Bernie had the yahoo/rivals guy on the radio at noon. According to this guy anyway, the Big 10 targets are ND, Maryland, Rutgers and Vandy. No mention of Texas. Even if that is true, there's plenty of gamesmanship going on right now.

Texas Board of Regents is meeting Tuesday to discuss realignment.

I heard the same guy. I can tell you that the source I'm hearing from is pretty well connected at UT, but hell I'm not sure even the schools themselves are sure what they are doing. I've also heard that A&M really wants to go to the SEC and that may be a problem. I know UT has more interest in the Big 10 with ND than without and I know UT and ND have been talking. There is also the issue of UT wanting their own station and I know that's a no with the Big 10 and they won't change. I think it's a no also in the Pac 10. I really don't know how big a deal that the TV station is and if it's a deal breaker.

Well .... as I write this I was just told that UT, TT, OU, Okie St to the Pac 10. No A&M, no Baylor. I was told this has been confirmed but won't be announced until after the Board of Regents meet on Tuesday.

Who else goes to the Pac-10? Utah?

If the SEC adds A&M they will need at least 1 more team to go along. Unless the Big 10 takes Vanderbilt which is another rumor.

Who else goes to the Pac-10? Utah?

If the SEC adds A&M they will need at least 1 more team to go along. Unless the Big 10 takes Vanderbilt which is another rumor.

I don't know. I asked the same question, but A&M prefering the SEC left them one short. It would need to be someone to play in the east side of the Pac 10 and they don't want Baylor. I would think Kansas maybe.

and Brian .... I didn't want to get into a back and forth, but Texas politics didn't require anything as I said they wouldn't. History had nothing to do with it and really wasn't exactly like everyone thinks it was when they joined they merged with the Big 8.

I heard the same guy. I can tell you that the source I'm hearing from is pretty well connected at UT, but hell I'm not sure even the schools themselves are sure what they are doing. I've also heard that A&M really wants to go to the SEC and that may be a problem. I know UT has more interest in the Big 10 with ND than without and I know UT and ND have been talking. There is also the issue of UT wanting their own station and I know that's a no with the Big 10 and they won't change. I think it's a no also in the Pac 10. I really don't know how big a deal that the TV station is and if it's a deal breaker.

Well .... as I write this I was just told that UT, TT, OU, Okie St to the Pac 10. No A&M, no Baylor. I was told this has been confirmed but won't be announced until after the Board of Regents meet on Tuesday.

That would put A&M in the SEC, which could conceivably be replacing Vandy. In terms of football, it would be a general step up for the SEC.

If the Pac 10 doesn't get Texas and Oklahoma they've really shot themselves in the foot, IMO.

Not sure why Vandy would want to leave the SEC except for academic compatibility. But Ghee was president of Vandy when they did away with their athletic Dept. so he may be pulling for them. I'm beginning to think Biondi ought to come out and say SLU is starting a D1 FB program immediately, we're going to hire Lane Kiffin, who promises to bring all his USC recruits with him. Who knows maybe we'd get invited to the B10 too, although we'd have to get into that AAU thing. With some of the numbers being tossed about, ie $20 mil a year for SEC teams the payback would be like what about 2-3 years?

Well that makes them the Pac 15, they might as well invite KU if A&M's going to the SEC.