OT - Bryan Burwell @ Lambert last night

slupkt04

So I'm in line at the Great American Bagel or whatever it is last night catching a 8 pm flight out of Lambert, and who gets in line next to me? The legend, Bryan Burwell. I asked him who he had this weekend and he nods and said "Duke, put your money on Duke." I told him I was a SLU alum and had enjoyed his coverage next year and he said that he'd definitely be in a seat for more games next fall, which was great to hear.

Also saw Rams HC Steve Spags with an assistant in the terminal.

Imagine that -- BB and Spags fly Southwest Airlines, just like the rest of us.

So I'm in line at the Great American Bagel or whatever it is last night catching a 8 pm flight out of Lambert, and who gets in line next to me? The legend, Bryan Burwell. I asked him who he had this weekend and he nods and said "Duke, put your money on Duke." I told him I was a SLU alum and had enjoyed his coverage next year and he said that he'd definitely be in a seat for more games next fall, which was great to hear.

Also saw Rams HC Steve Spags with an assistant in the terminal.

Imagine that -- BB and Spags fly Southwest Airlines, just like the rest of us.

SLUPKT04-

Was this flight to Dallas?

Nice. He seems like a legit QB and a very good person to boot, unlike some of the pro QBs making the news today, like Big Ben.

I don't care who they draft. ANYONE would be better than Blowger. I said last fall that I will not watch another play of that disgrace of a team until he is off the roster. Not just off the field, but completely OFF THE ROSTER.

I don't care who they draft. ANYONE would be better than Blowger. I said last fall that I will not watch another play of that disgrace of a team until he is off the roster. Not just off the field, but completely OFF THE ROSTER.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Still, it wouldn't be so bad for him to be on the roster and take a little abuse while Bradford learns the system.

I don't even remember him playing at West Virginia. It seems odd that the fleet of foot Bulger would go to a school made famous by real burners like Major Harris and Pat White.

I don't even remember him playing at West Virginia. It seems odd that the fleet of foot Bulger would go to a school made famous by real burners like Major Harris and Pat White.

He was the QB on the team that lost to Mizzou in one of the Corby Jones bowls.

Am I the only one left who thinks the Rams should draft Suh?

It's a tough call. For as many QBs that don't pan out, highly rated DTs don't have a great track record either. I think Gerald McCoy is rated pretty close to Suh, although I'd much rather have Suh because of his intangibles.

The problem is that the Rams have passed over Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez and other QBs, and I don't think they want to pass over another promising prospect and leave the most important position on the field as a glaring need for yet another season.

It's a tough call. For as many QBs that don't pan out, highly rated DTs don't have a great track record either. I think Gerald McCoy is rated pretty close to Suh, although I'd much rather have Suh because of his intangibles.

The problem is that the Rams have passed over Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez and other QBs, and I don't think they want to pass over another promising prospect and leave the most important position on the field as a glaring need for yet another season.

Also notice how the Rams haven't done much in the Free Agency market either. The draft is one thing; getting players who have actual NFL game experience under their belt is also important. I'm no GM, but it seems the Rams haven't made a splash in the recent years in the FA market.

Don't get me wrong, Bradford seems to have all the tools and just had a great pro day. He seems to be a 'winner' and a good all-around dude.

However, he's also sustained some major injuries, just missed an entire season of college football, and yes, the success rate with first round QBs is not nearly as high as what NFL teams would like to believe (and end up paying a premium for). I'd hate to see this guy get thrown into the fire behind a weak offensive line on an overall horrible team and get drilled, injured, or never reach his potential. There are a lot of guys that could have been much better pros but landed in bad situations to begin their careers.

To me, Suh is a no-brainer talent. He plays like a freaking starved animal. He's everything you want in terms of size, speed, and strength and is also so smart. To play as hard as he does on top of it adds up to the kind of guy who should be a perennial Pro Bowler and elevate an entire team's defense. The Rams' defense is probably a little better than people give it credit for, and he's a game changer. I'd rather see us start there, and build the offense over the next couple years. And yes, work the free agent market for once.

Guest BillikenReport

I like Suh, but I don't think the Rams can give another huge money contract to a defensive lineman.

Chris Long and Jason Smith are two of the highest-paid players at their positions and really haven't accomplished anything yet in their careers.

I'm not a big Bradford fan, but the Rams need to do something with that position. Mike Vick or Donovan McNabb are not the answer. I'd rather see them go all-in on Bradford and see what he is capable of.

I think the O-line is better than a lot of people think. Losing Jason Smith to a concussion was a major setback, as he seemed to be hitting his stride before the injury. Jacob Bell was much improved, and Jason Brown was the star of the unit - he ended up being a really nice free agent acquisition. Greco will probably man the other guard spot, and he seems to have potential. Barron will play RT, and although I'm not a fan of his, we at least know what we're getting with him. Barring injuries, we should have decent depth, with Fraley, Setterstrom and Goldberg - guys who can play multiple positions. And, the unit won't have to deal with any of Incognito's shenanigans this year, which is a major plus. They'll need to gel quickly, as I don't believe Bradford is all that mobile.

I'm with you. Half of these first round QB's fail.

I understand wanting to take Suh but you need to have a better reason than that.

Half of the DT's fail too. And half of the WR, TE, DE, LB, CB, SS fail.

It just a lot more noticable when QB's fail because they are already a well known name.

If you want to look at drafting failures look at the DT's the Rams have taken in the first round.

Ill be happy either way they go I think both players will turn out to be good players but at some point they need to develop a QB and his name better not be keith Null

Guest BillikenReport

The Rams need to come away with a few starters out of this draft.

The second-round pick will be interesting because they should be able to get a wide receiver, linebacker, defensive end or tight end who should help them right away.

The Rams need to come away with a few starters out of this draft.

The second-round pick will be interesting because they should be able to get a wide receiver, linebacker, defensive end or tight end who should help them right away.

I'd like to see them go with a WR in that spot, someone like Benn from Illinois, who I think will still be on the board at that point.

I'd like to see them go with a WR in that spot, someone like Benn from Illinois, who I think will still be on the board at that point.

That would work for me.

Benn never really lived up to the hype at Illinois but I think a lot of that had to do with Juice trying to throw the ball.

Am I the only one left who thinks the Rams should draft Suh?

Yeah. You, me, and about 49% of Rams fans out there.

They'll draft Bradford, because they don't have the guts to go with their every instinct.

Also, Burwell strikes me as a friendly guy. Why he gets so much flak in St. Louis is odd.