Green Bay message board / game thoughts

The game was in Green Bay, not Madison.

I know that Wisconsin lost yesterday to Cornell but let's give props to Bo Ryan for playing the other Division 1 schools in Wisconsin. Since 2001-2002, this is as far as ESPN goes back, they have played UWGB, Marquette, and UW-Milwaukee both at home and on the road (it looks like UWGB and UW-Milwaukee may be 2 for 1 deals)

While it might help to "spread the gospel" of Wisconsin basketball throughout the state it does also show that Bo Ryan is willing to schedule the "mid-majors" in the state. It is clear that Bo remembers his roots as coach of UW-Milwaukee and it gives his team a challenge.

I wish a certain head coach about 100 miles west of St. Louis would think about that as he finalizes his schedule next year.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

I know that Wisconsin lost yesterday to Cornell but let's give props to Bo Ryan for playing the other Division 1 schools in Wisconsin. Since 2001-2002, this is as far as ESPN goes back, they have played UWGB, Marquette, and UW-Milwaukee both at home and on the road (it looks like UWGB and UW-Milwaukee may be 2 for 1 deals)

While it might help to "spread the gospel" of Wisconsin basketball throughout the state it does also show that Bo Ryan is willing to schedule the "mid-majors" in the state. It is clear that Bo remembers his roots as coach of UW-Milwaukee and it gives his team a challenge.

I wish a certain head coach about 100 miles west of St. Louis would think about that as he finalizes his schedule next year.

Bo Ryan coached for a long time at UW- Platteville a Div III school and I believe he won the DIII championship a few times before he got that UW Milwaukee job. He knows how it is to be a small fish in a big pond. Now he's a big fish in a big pond.

I'm pretty sure the deal is a 4-1 with both UWGB and UW Milwaukee.

I'm also fairly certain MU would do a 2-1 with us be we won't do it, and rightfully so.