Charter Flights

I've already asked, and I've already received an answer. I've posted it, but many don't believe. I doubt if any question on this subject in public will be answered. What are they supposed to say?

Hmmm. Let's say Tom T. (or Frank or Bryan or Bernie) asks Chris May or the SID. At very least, a "no comment" WOULD BE ON THE PUBLIC RECORD. (Although I seriously doubt that the U. could consistently dodge the issue if it were asked in public by a media member. I also think they'd look pretty silly if they blatantly ignored it if someone from their major fan group asked it at a Billiken Club meeting.)

If May or the SID dodges it, elevate it to Biondi's office. (I'm now talking about journalists who cover the program, not us poor everyday been-going-to-games for 25+ years shleps.) If Father Biondi issues a "no comment," ask Coach directly. (You may need Ozzie Osborne to translate, but hey...) Neither of them say anything, call Dr. Chaifetz (who is also technically one of Father Biondi's bosses) -- 312-595-4000, or ask him next time he's at a game. Otherwise: 314-444-7600, ask for John Pruellage.

Thus far all we have is "I heard" "I was told" "A 'big-money' donor has tried to tell Father Biondi" etc etc. No real names. No real information.

But nobody has actually asked a public question yet. I don't get it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Let's say Tom T. (or Frank or Bryan or Bernie) asks Chris May or the SID. At very least, a "no comment" WOULD BE ON THE PUBLIC RECORD. (Although I seriously doubt that the U. could consistently dodge the issue if it were asked in public by a media member. I also think they'd look pretty silly if they blatantly ignored it if someone from their major fan group asked it at a Billiken Club meeting.)

If May or the SID dodges it, elevate it to Biondi's office. (I'm now talking about journalists who cover the program, not us poor everyday been-going-to-games for 25+ years shleps.) If Father Biondi issues a "no comment," ask Coach directly. (You may need Ozzie Osborne to translate, but hey...) Neither of them say anything, call Dr. Chaifetz (who is also technically one of Father Biondi's bosses) -- 312-595-4000, or ask him next time he's at a game. Otherwise: 314-444-7600, ask for John Pruellage.

Thus far all we have is "I heard" "I was told" "A 'big-money' donor has tried to tell Father Biondi" etc etc. No real names. No real information.

But nobody has actually asked a public question yet. I don't get it.

I don't know if this counts but at a recent basketball game Chris May and I had this "conversation"

Me: Hey Chris

CM: Hey, how are you?

Me: Good. Can someone please tell Rick to stop talking bad about the A10? We aren't going anywhere.

CM: Awkward silence, weird chuckle, a smile, and then walked away.

Georgetown has a lay President, although he is a Georgetown alumnus.

It formerly was a requirement at Quincy that the President be a Franciscan, but that official requirement recently has been changed.

But SLU has always had a Jesuit as its President.

My father is a QC (back in the day before it was QU) alum and my uncle sits on the board of trustees. I did not know that about their presidential requirements changing. Good find.

My father is a QC (back in the day before it was QU) alum and my uncle sits on the board of trustees. I did not know that about their presidential requirements changing. Good find.

I have actually met their new president with my old job. He was a super nice and smart man. Italian Dr. if I remember.