Cancun Tourney

Does anyone have more details about the Cancun exempt tournament the Bills are purported to be scheduled for next season? I saw on Tigerboard that Missouri is playing in the Cancun Challenge along with Wyoming, North Florida, Providence, and La Salle. Three spots have yet to be filled, but I suspect this is not the tournament SLU is supposed to be in, as the three teams to be determined will probably be teams of North Florida's ilk and most likely they wouldn't take two teams from one conference.

This is the one i thought we were trying to get in.

http://cancun.travel/en/2009/11/20/espn-to...nament-2010-11/

Whenever Majerus has spoken about the Cancun tournament, he has mentioned that it has something to do with ESPN, so my guess is that this is the one.

Thanks.

So Cancun will host one in November and one in December.

Yes. Two different tournaments. The Cancun Challenge is run by Triple Crown Sports and is a 2 home game, 2 neutral site type format in its third year in existance. The Cancun Governor's Cup (produced by ESPN) will be a traditional bracketed style tournament over Christmas and is set up in the same format as the other ESPN tournaments (76 Classic, Charleston Classic, Puerto Rico Tip-off, Old Spice Classic, Diamond Head Classic) where you get three games at the neutral site.

Virginia Tech and Seton Hall played a game this season in Cancun as a "kickoff" for next season's inaugural Cancun Governor's Cup. Hopefully higher profile teams such as those will be included in the field if SLU is indeed in the tournament. Conference USA is the tourney's sponsoring conference.